The Vermont Catamounts (9-4, 2-0 America East) will attempt to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the UMBC Retrievers (6-7, 1-1 America East) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at UMBC Event Center as 7.5-point favorites. The game airs at 1:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5 points.
Vermont vs. UMBC Predictions
Vermont vs. UMBC Betting Odds
Vermont vs. UMBC Last 10 Games
- Vermont is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Vermont games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Catamounts games averaged 13.3 fewer points (129.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Catamounts are scoring 1.7 points more per game compared to their season average.
- UMBC has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- UMBC and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Retrievers games averaged 142.9 total points, 0.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Retrievers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 76.6, 1.8 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Vermont vs. UMBC Betting Trends
- Vermont has covered the spread eight times this season (8-5-0).
- In games they were favored in by 7.5 points or more so far this season, the Catamounts have gone 4-1 against the spread.
- This season, six of Vermont’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Catamounts put up only 2.7 fewer points per game (68.7) than the Retrievers allow (71.4).
- Vermont is 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when scoring more than 71.4 points.
- UMBC has gone 7-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point underdogs or more, the Retrievers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This year, six of UMBC’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The Retrievers put up an average of 74.8 points per game, 12.8 more points than the 62 the Catamounts allow to opponents.
- UMBC is 4-2 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it scores more than 62 points.
Vermont vs. UMBC Over/Under Trends
- This season, four of Vermont’s 13 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 142.5 points.
- This season, six of UMBC’s games have ended with a score higher than 142.5 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 142.5 is one point fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Catamounts (68.7 points per game) and the Retrievers (74.8 points per game).
- The 133.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 9.1 fewer than the 142.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Catamounts games is 11.9 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this matchup.
- Retrievers’ games have a total points bet of 143.7 points this season, 1.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Vermont Team Leaders
- Ben Shungu: 15.7 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (23-for-58)
- Ryan Davis: 16.2 PTS, 50 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (20-for-45)
- Isaiah Powell: 10.9 PTS, 7.2 REB, 45.2 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (13-for-46)
- Finn Sullivan: 7.2 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (15-for-44)
- Justin Mazzulla: 6.4 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (6-for-26)
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 14.4 PTS, 47.3 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (21-for-57)
- Darnell Rogers: 11.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.2 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (23-for-70)
- L.J. Owens: 10.1 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 46.6 3PT% (27-for-58)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.4 PTS, 52.7 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 6.5 PTS, 38 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (20-for-60)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.