Big 12 foes square off when the No. 21 Texas Longhorns (13-3, 3-1 Big 12) visit the No. 15 Iowa State Cyclones (13-3, 1-3 Big 12) at James H. Hilton Coliseum, beginning at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. The Cyclones are 2.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 121.
Texas vs. Iowa State Predictions
Texas vs. Iowa State Betting Odds
Texas vs. Iowa State Last 10 Games
- Texas covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Longhorns games averaged 129.4 total points, 8.4 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Longhorns have scored 1.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Iowa State has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Iowa State games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The Cyclones’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 134.4 points scored. That’s 13.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cyclones have scored 3.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 70.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
Texas vs. Iowa State Betting Trends
- Texas has covered the spread nine times in 15 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Longhorns have gone 8-6 against the spread.
- This season, five of Texas’ games have gone over the point total out of 15 chances.
- The Longhorns put up 11.8 more points per game (70.4) than the Cyclones give up (58.6).
- When Texas puts up more than 58.6 points, it is 8-6 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Iowa State has registered a 7-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Cyclones have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- Iowa State’s games have gone over the total five times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Cyclones put up 17.4 more points per game (70.4) than the Longhorns allow their opponents to score (53).
- Iowa State has put together a 9-4 ATS record and an 11-3 overall record in games it scores more than 53 points.
Texas vs. Iowa State Over/Under Trends
- Texas and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (121 points) seven times this season.
- This season, 12 of Iowa State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 121 points.
- The point total for the contest of 121 is 19.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Longhorns (70.4 points per game) and the Cyclones (70.4 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 9.4 fewer points than the 111.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Longhorns have seen a 133.7 over/under in their games this season, 12.7 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 15.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Cyclones’ games this season (136.7 points).
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 11.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 52.2 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
- Andrew Jones: 10.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.7 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (22-for-69)
- Tre Mitchell: 9.3 PTS, 51.9 FG%, 37 3PT% (10-for-27)
- Marcus Carr: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.1 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (19-for-62)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.3 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (22-for-58)
Iowa State Team Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington: 17 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 48.5 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (14-for-36)
- Tyrese Hunter: 10.4 PTS, 2.3 STL, 37.3 FG%, 22.8 3PT% (13-for-57)
- Gabe Kalscheur: 10.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 33.8 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (19-for-77)
- Aljaz Kunc: 6.9 PTS, 55 FG%, 51.5 3PT% (17-for-33)
- George Conditt IV: 5.3 PTS, 64.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.