The Texas State Bobcats (10-4, 1-1 Sun Belt) host the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (8-6, 3-1 Sun Belt) in a matchup of Sun Belt teams at Strahan Coliseum, tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. The Bobcats are 3.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is set at 137.5.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Predictions
Texas State vs. Louisiana Betting Odds
|Texas State||-3.5||137.5 points|
Texas State vs. Louisiana Last 10 Games
- Texas State covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas State’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Bobcats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.8 points scored. That’s 3.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bobcats’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 5.7 points lower than their season-long average.
- Louisiana is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Louisiana and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Ragin’ Cajuns games averaged 143 total points, 5.5 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Ragin’ Cajuns are scoring 72.9 points per game compared to their 71.7 season average.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Betting Trends
- Texas State is 6-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Bobcats have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, Texas State’s games have hit the over six times out of 10 chances.
- The 74 points per game the Bobcats score are only 4.6 more points than the Ragin’ Cajuns allow (69.4).
- When Texas State puts up more than 69.4 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Louisiana has covered the spread in a game nine times this year (9-3-0).
- In games this season when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Ragin’ Cajuns have gone 5-1 against the spread.
- Louisiana’s games have gone over the total five times out of 12 chances this year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 8.6 more points per game (71.7) than the Bobcats give up (63.1).
- Louisiana has put together a 6-3-1 ATS record and an 8-4 overall record in games it scores more than 63.1 points.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Over/Under Trends
- Texas State and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 137.5 points five times this season.
- This season, seven of Louisiana’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 137.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 137.5 is 8.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bobcats (74 points per game) and the Ragin’ Cajuns (71.7 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is five fewer points than the 132.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Bobcats have seen a 133.8 average over/under in their games this season, 3.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 5.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Ragin’ Cajuns’ games this season (142.6 points).
Texas State Team Leaders
- Caleb Asberry: 13.7 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (28-for-79)
- Isiah Small: 11.4 PTS, 7 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.8 FG%, 25 3PT% (8-for-32)
- Nighael Ceaser: 8.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 59.8 FG%
- Mason Harrell: 10.2 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 43.3 3PT% (13-for-30)
- Shelby Adams: 9.6 PTS, 54.8 FG%, 62.5 3PT% (10-for-16)
Louisiana Team Leaders
- Jordan Brown: 14.3 PTS, 8.5 REB, 1.6 BLK, 47.5 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Kobe Julien: 10.6 PTS, 40 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
- Theo Akwuba: 10.4 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.6 BLK, 52.9 FG%
- Doudou Gueye: 6 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
- Greg Williams Jr.: 7.4 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.