The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (14-4, 5-0 Summit) are heavily favored (-18.5) to build on a five-game win streak when they host the Denver Pioneers (6-13, 2-4 Summit) at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Frost Arena. The over/under for the matchup is 159.5.
South Dakota State vs. Denver Predictions
South Dakota State vs. Denver Betting Odds
|South Dakota State||-18.5||159.5 points|
South Dakota State vs. Denver Last 10 Games
- South Dakota State covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 South Dakota State games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Jackrabbits games averaged 159.7 total points, 0.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Jackrabbits are scoring at a rate the same as their season-long scoring average.
- Denver is 3-7 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Denver games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Pioneers games averaged 18.8 fewer points (140.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Pioneers have scored 1.6 more points per contest compared to their 68.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
South Dakota State vs. Denver Betting Trends
- South Dakota State has registered an 11-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Jackrabbits are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 18.5-point favorites.
- Games involving South Dakota State have hit the over 10 times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Jackrabbits average 87.5 points per game, 14.3 more points than the 73.2 the Pioneers give up.
- When South Dakota State totals more than 73.2 points, it is 9-7 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
- Denver has put together a record of 14-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Pioneers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 18.5-point underdogs.
- Denver’s games have gone over the total 13 times out of 18 chances this year.
- The Pioneers score an average of 68.9 points per game, 7.1 fewer points than the 76 the Jackrabbits allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 76 points, Denver is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
South Dakota State vs. Denver Over/Under Trends
- South Dakota State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (159.5 points) eight times this season.
- There have been just two games featuring Denver this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 159.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 159.5 is 3.1 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Jackrabbits (87.5 points per game) and the Pioneers (68.9 points per game).
- The 149.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 10.3 fewer than the 159.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Jackrabbits have seen a 158.5 average over/under in their games this season, one point fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Pioneers games have an over/under of 137.6 points this season, 21.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
South Dakota State Team Leaders
- Baylor Scheierman: 15 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.5 STL, 50.8 FG%, 48.3 3PT% (43-for-89)
- Doug Wilson: 14.4 PTS, 55 FG%
- Zeke Mayo: 9.5 PTS, 51.3 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (27-for-65)
- Noah Freidel: 18 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 40 3PT% (40-for-100)
- Alex Arians: 7.2 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (17-for-37)
Denver Team Leaders
- KJ Hunt Jr.: 16.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.5 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (15-for-49)
- Jordan Johnson: 11.7 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (29-for-77)
- Michael Henn: 9.7 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (25-for-65)
- Tevin Smith: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 53.8 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Touko Tainamo: 6.5 PTS, 58.9 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (7-for-16)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.