The UMass Minutemen (7-8, 0-3 A-10) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Rhode Island Rams (9-4, 1-1 A-10) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at William D. Mullins Center as just 3-point underdogs. The contest airs at 4:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is 147.5.
Rhode Island vs. UMass Predictions
Rhode Island vs. UMass Betting Odds
|Rhode Island||-3||147.5 points|
Rhode Island vs. UMass Last 10 Games
- Rhode Island covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Rhode Island games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Rams’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 135.5 points scored. That’s 12.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Rams have scored 0.6 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UMass is 4-6 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- UMass and its opponents have hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Minutemen games averaged 3.1 fewer points (144.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Minutemen have a 78.1 points-per-game average, 0.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
Rhode Island vs. UMass Betting Trends
- Rhode Island has gone 10-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Rams have gone 8-4 against the spread.
- Rhode Island games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Rams average 71.2 points per game, 6.9 fewer points than the 78.1 the Minutemen allow.
- When Rhode Island puts up more than 78.1 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- UMass has covered the spread nine times in 14 games with a set spread.
- The Minutemen are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This year, 10 of UMass’ games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The Minutemen put up an average of 77.9 points per game, 14.7 more points than the 63.2 the Rams give up.
- When it scores more than 63.2 points, UMass is 7-5 against the spread and 7-7 overall.
Rhode Island vs. UMass Over/Under Trends
- Three Rhode Island games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 147.5 points.
- A total of 10 of UMass’ games finished with a combined score higher than 147.5 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 147.5 is 1.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Rams (71.2 points per game) and the Minutemen (77.9 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 141.3 points per game, 6.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Rams have seen a 136.9 average over/under in their games this season, 10.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 2.7 points more than the average over/under in Minutemen’s games this season (144.8 points).
Rhode Island Team Leaders
- Makhel Mitchell: 11.9 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 59.6 FG%
- Jeremy Sheppard: 13.3 PTS, 1.8 STL, 42.7 FG%, 43.3 3PT% (26-for-60)
- Makhi Mitchell: 9.8 PTS, 59.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
- Antwan Walker: 8.4 PTS, 68.3 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (10-for-15)
- Malik Martin: 7.2 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
UMass Team Leaders
- Noah Fernandes: 14.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (25-for-60)
- Trent Buttrick: 11.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.0 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (21-for-70)
- Rich Kelly: 13.3 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 51.4 3PT% (37-for-72)
- CJ Kelly: 13.9 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (32-for-70)
- T.J. Weeks: 8.6 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (20-for-55)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.