The New Orleans Privateers (7-8, 0-0 Southland) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Nicholls State Colonels (10-7, 0-0 Southland) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Lakefront Arena. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 154.5 points.
Nicholls State vs. New Orleans Predictions
Nicholls State vs. New Orleans Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-4.5||154.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. New Orleans Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Colonels’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 144.5 points scored. That’s 10 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Colonels’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is three points lower than their season-long average.
- New Orleans covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 New Orleans games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Privateers games averaged 148.1 total points, 6.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Privateers have scored 1.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 75.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Nicholls State vs. New Orleans Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has covered the spread in a matchup 10 times this season (10-2-0).
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Colonels have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Games involving Nicholls State have hit the over seven times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Colonels average 80.4 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 72.9 the Privateers give up.
- Nicholls State has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when scoring more than 72.9 points.
- New Orleans is 9-3-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Privateers have an ATS record of 6-0.
- New Orleans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Privateers put up an average of 75.5 points per game, five more points than the 70.5 the Colonels allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 70.5 points, New Orleans is 3-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
Nicholls State vs. New Orleans Over/Under Trends
- This season, Nicholls State games have hit the over on this matchup’s 154.5-point over/under four times.
- In New Orleans’ 12 games this season, three have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 154.5.
- The Colonels average 80.4 points per game against the Privateers’ 75.5, amounting to 1.4 points over the contest’s over/under of 154.5.
- This game’s point total is 11.1 fewer points than the 143.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Colonels games is 9.6 points fewer than the over/under of 154.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 7.3 points separates this matchup’s over/under (154.5 points) and the average total points bet in Privateers’ games (147.2 points) this season.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.9 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (56-for-133)
- Pierce Spencer: 7.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.8 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (20-for-58)
- Devante Carter: 12 PTS, 2 STL, 44.4 FG%, 17.2 3PT% (5-for-29)
- Ryghe Lyons: 6.5 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 50.5 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (6-for-17)
- Latrell Jones: 11.1 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
New Orleans Team Leaders
- Derek St. Hilaire: 18.9 PTS, 2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (26-for-70)
- Troy Green: 13.4 PTS, 2.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 21.7 3PT% (5-for-23)
- Simeon Kirkland: 8.8 PTS, 62.5 FG%
- Daniel Sackey: 7.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.4 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (12-for-33)
- Tyson Jackson: 8.5 PTS, 54.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.