The Morehead State Eagles (11-5, 3-0 OVC) will try to extend a five-game win streak when they visit the Tennessee State Tigers (6-9, 1-2 OVC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Gentry Complex as 7.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5.
Morehead State vs. Tennessee State Predictions
Morehead State vs. Tennessee State Betting Odds
|Morehead State||-7.5||139.5 points|
Morehead State vs. Tennessee State Last 10 Games
- Morehead State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Morehead State’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Eagles games averaged 128.7 total points, 10.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Eagles have a points-per-game average 0.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Tennessee State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Tennessee State’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 144.5 total points, five more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Tigers have a 72.8 points-per-game average, 3.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
Morehead State vs. Tennessee State Betting Trends
- Morehead State has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-3-0).
- In games this season when favored by 7.5 points or more, the Eagles have gone 3-2 against the spread.
- Morehead State’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Eagles record 70.1 points per game, only 2.7 fewer points than the 72.8 the Tigers allow.
- Morehead State is 3-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- Tennessee State has compiled a 6-7-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point underdogs or more, the Tigers have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Games involving Tennessee State have hit the over eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Tigers’ 76.3 points per game are 13.3 more points than the 63 the Eagles give up.
- Tennessee State is 4-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it scores more than 63 points.
Morehead State vs. Tennessee State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Morehead State games have gone over this game’s 139.5-point total three times.
- This season, eight games Tennessee State played finished with a combined score higher than 139.5 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 139.5 is 6.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Eagles (70.1 points per game) and the Tigers (76.3 points per game).
- The 135.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 3.7 fewer than the 139.5 total in this contest.
- The Eagles have seen a 131.1 average over/under in their games this season, 8.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 3.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Tigers’ games this season (143.2 points).
Morehead State Team Leaders
- Johni Broome: 16.1 PTS, 10.4 REB, 3.4 BLK, 58.7 FG%
- Ta’Lon Cooper: 8.7 PTS, 6.2 AST, 37 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (19-for-57)
- Skyelar Potter: 10.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.3 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (28-for-87)
- Tray Hollowell: 11.8 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (46-for-112)
- Jake Wolfe: 5.6 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (11-for-27)
Tennessee State Team Leaders
- Kassim Nicholson: 10.3 PTS, 8 REB, 45.7 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
- Carlos Marshall Jr.: 13.1 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (28-for-64)
- Dedric Boyd: 12.3 PTS, 48 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (32-for-85)
- Kenny Cooper: 7.2 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.5 FG%, 48 3PT% (12-for-25)
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.: 11.5 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (22-for-64)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.