The Valparaiso Beacons (8-9, 1-4 MVC) are underdogs (+4) as they attempt to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Missouri State Bears (12-6, 3-2 MVC) at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Athletics-Recreation Center. The matchup has an over/under set at 138.5 points.
Missouri State vs. Valparaiso Predictions
Missouri State vs. Valparaiso Betting Odds
|Missouri State||-4||138.5 points|
Missouri State vs. Valparaiso Last 10 Games
- Missouri State has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Missouri State’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Bears’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 141 points scored. That’s 2.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Bears are scoring 3.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Valparaiso is 5-5 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Valparaiso’s last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Beacons’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 134.4 points scored. That’s 4.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Beacons’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 70.7, 2.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Missouri State vs. Valparaiso Betting Trends
- Missouri State has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-7-0).
- In games they have played as 4-point favorites or more, the Bears have an ATS record of 8-6.
- Games involving Missouri State have hit the over 12 times out of 20 chances this season.
- The Bears record 9.7 more points per game (78.9) than the Beacons allow (69.2).
- When Missouri State scores more than 69.2 points, it is 7-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Valparaiso has covered the spread eight times in 14 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 4 points or more, the Beacons have gone 5-1-1 against the spread.
- This season, nine of Valparaiso’s games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The Beacons’ 73.2 points per game are only 4.9 more points than the 68.3 the Bears give up to opponents.
- Valparaiso has put together a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.3 points.
Missouri State vs. Valparaiso Over/Under Trends
- This season, 11 of Missouri State’s 20 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- This season, seven games Valparaiso played finished with a combined score over 138.5 points.
- The Bears average 78.9 points per game against the Beacons’ 73.2, amounting to 13.6 points over the game’s point total of 138.5.
- This matchup’s total is one fewer point than the 137.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Bears have seen a 142.7 over/under in their games this season, 4.2 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Beacons games have an over/under of 134.2 points this season, 4.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Missouri State Team Leaders
- Gaige Prim: 13.9 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 58.9 FG%, 30 3PT% (3-for-10)
- Isiaih Mosley: 19.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (40-for-89)
- Donovan Clay: 8.1 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Ja’Monta Black: 10.5 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (49-for-121)
- Jaylen Minnett: 10.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.9 FG%, 46 3PT% (46-for-100)
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Sheldon Edwards: 12 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.1 BLK, 40.4 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (36-for-107)
- Thomas Kithier: 9.4 PTS, 60 FG%
- Ben Krikke: 14.1 PTS, 55.5 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
- Trevor Anderson: 9.7 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (18-for-52)
- Kevion Taylor: 10.8 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (39-for-93)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.