The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (9-6, 3-2 Big Ten) are underdogs (by 5 points) to end a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (9-7, 1-4 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 135.
Maryland vs. Rutgers Predictions
Maryland vs. Rutgers Betting Odds
Maryland vs. Rutgers Last 10 Games
- Maryland is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Maryland games has gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Terrapins games averaged 2.7 more points (137.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Terrapins have scored 1.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Rutgers is 4-4 overall and 3-4-1 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Rutgers games have gone over the set total six times.
- The Scarlet Knights’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 135.3 points scored. That’s 0.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Scarlet Knights have a 65.5 points-per-game average, 3.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
Maryland vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Maryland has covered the spread six times over 16 games with a set spread.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of 2-6 when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- This season, seven of Maryland’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 71.6 points per game the Terrapins average are 6.1 more points than the Scarlet Knights give up (65.5).
- Maryland is 6-6 against the spread and 9-3 overall when scoring more than 65.5 points.
- Rutgers has compiled a 3-4-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Scarlet Knights are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Rutgers have hit the over six times out of eight chances this season.
- The Scarlet Knights’ 68.9 points per game are equal to what the Terrapins give up.
- When it scores more than 68.9 points, Rutgers is 1-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Maryland vs. Rutgers Over/Under Trends
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (135 points) 11 times this season.
- There have been six Rutgers games that have finished with a combined score over 135 points this season.
- The total for the matchup of 135 is 5.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Terrapins (71.6 points per game) and the Scarlet Knights (68.9 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 0.6 fewer points than the 134.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Terrapins games is 138.7 points, 3.7 more than the over/under of 135 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.3 points separates the average total points bet in Scarlet Knights’ games (135.3 points) and this matchup’s over/under (135 points).
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 16.2 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (41-for-110)
- Fatts Russell: 13.2 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
- Donta Scott: 11.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 29 3PT% (20-for-69)
- Hakim Hart: 10.2 PTS, 1.7 STL, 53.9 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- Qudus Wahab: 8.7 PTS, 56.7 FG%
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 15.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.4 FG%, 44 3PT% (33-for-75)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.7 PTS, 7.5 REB, 60.2 FG%
- Caleb McConnell: 7.2 PTS, 2.1 STL, 37 FG%, 25 3PT% (6-for-24)
- Paul Mulcahy: 6.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 35.1 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Geo Baker: 9.7 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.