The Long Island Sharks (5-9, 2-2 NEC) host the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (5-12, 2-2 NEC) after winning five home games in a row. The Sharks are heavy favorites by 11.5 points in the contest, which tips at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. The point total for the matchup is set at 143.5.
LIU vs. Cent. Conn. St. Predictions
LIU vs. Cent. Conn. St. Betting Odds
LIU vs. Cent. Conn. St. Last 10 Games
- LIU is 4-6 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- LIU and its opponents have hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Sharks games averaged 143.8 total points, 0.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Sharks’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 0.7 points lower than their season-long average.
- Cent. Conn. St. is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Cent. Conn. St.’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Blue Devils games averaged eight fewer points (135.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Blue Devils have scored 1.1 more points per contest compared to their 58.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
LIU vs. Cent. Conn. St. Betting Trends
- LIU has gone 11-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Sharks are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- Games involving LIU have hit the over five times out of 12 chances this season.
- The 71.4 points per game the Sharks record are only 1.7 more points than the Blue Devils allow (69.7).
- LIU has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall when putting up more than 69.7 points.
- Cent. Conn. St. has compiled a 14-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 11.5 points or more so far this season, the Blue Devils have gone 8-0 against the spread.
- This year, seven of Cent. Conn. St.’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Blue Devils score an average of 58.7 points per game, 13.8 fewer points than the 72.5 the Sharks give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 72.5 points, Cent. Conn. St. is 4-0 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
LIU vs. Cent. Conn. St. Over/Under Trends
- This season, LIU and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 143.5 points six times.
- In Cent. Conn. St.’s 17 games this season, six have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 143.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 130.1 points per game, 13.4 points fewer than the point total of 143.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 1.3 fewer points than the 142.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Sharks have seen a 144.3 over/under in their games this season, 0.8 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 6.1 points more than the average over/under in Blue Devils’ games this season (137.4 points).
LIU Team Leaders
- Tyrn Flowers: 18.1 PTS, 1.8 STL, 1.5 BLK, 45.1 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (42-for-113)
- Eral Penn: 15.5 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- Isaac Kante: 12.5 PTS, 7.9 REB, 49.3 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (3-for-18)
- Kyndall Davis: 8.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.6 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (12-for-41)
- Tre Wood: 5.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.1 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (6-for-28)
Cent. Conn. St. Team Leaders
- Nigel Scantlebury: 12.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.3 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (21-for-47)
- Andre Snoddy: 7 PTS, 46.9 FG%
- Ian Krishnan: 10.1 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (30-for-85)
- Stephane Ayangma: 6.8 PTS, 41 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (4-for-15)
- Trenton McLaughlin: 4.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.5 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (14-for-38)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.