The Lamar Cardinals (2-15, 0-4 WAC) are favored (by 6.5 points) to end a four-game home losing streak when they host the Chicago State Cougars (5-13, 1-4 WAC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 134.5.
Lamar vs. Chicago State Predictions
Lamar vs. Chicago State Betting Odds
Lamar vs. Chicago State Last 10 Games
- Lamar covered the spread in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Lamar games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The Cardinals’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.3 points scored. That’s 2.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cardinals have scored 2.1 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Chicago State covered the spread nine times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- Chicago State’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 133.2 total points, 1.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Cougars are scoring at a rate of 61.1 PPG, the same as their season-long scoring average.
Lamar vs. Chicago State Betting Trends
- Lamar has covered the spread in a matchup 14 times this season (14-0-0).
- Lamar games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Cardinals score 55.5 points per game, 18.9 fewer points than the 74.4 the Cougars allow.
- Lamar has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when scoring more than 74.4 points.
- Chicago State has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-2-0).
- In games this season when an underdog by 6.5 points or more, the Cougars are 15-1 against the spread.
- This season, 11 of Chicago State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cougars put up an average of 61.1 points per game, only 3.0 fewer points than the 64.1 the Cardinals give up to opponents.
- Chicago State is 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it scores more than 64.1 points.
Lamar vs. Chicago State Over/Under Trends
- This season, eight of Lamar’s 14 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 134.5 points.
- This season, nine of Chicago State’s games have ended with a score higher than 134.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 116.6 points per game, 17.9 points fewer than the point total of 134.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 138.5 points per game, four more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Cardinals games is 137.5 points, three more than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.9 points separates the average total points bet in Cougars’ games (136.4 points) and this matchup’s over/under (134.5 points).
Lamar Team Leaders
- C.J. Roberts: 14.6 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (16-for-46)
- Davion Buster: 12.4 PTS, 1.8 STL, 35.7 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (31-for-87)
- Lincoln Smith: 5.6 PTS, 42.7 FG%
- Kasen Harrison: 10.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (7-for-24)
- Valentin Catt: 4 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 48.9 FG%
Chicago State Team Leaders
- Coreyoun Rushin: 9.1 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 43.4 FG%, 11.8 3PT% (2-for-17)
- Jahsean Corbett: 12.1 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (22-for-63)
- Brandon Betson: 13.1 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (39-for-110)
- Dominique Alexander: 7.2 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (16-for-49)
- Teddy Bayi Ba Mandeng: 3.3 PTS, 38.6 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.