The No. 9 Kansas Jayhawks (13-2, 2-1 Big 12) are heavily favored (by 11.5 points) to build on a six-game home winning streak when they host the West Virginia Mountaineers (13-2, 2-1 Big 12) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5 points.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Predictions
Kansas vs. West Virginia Betting Odds
Kansas vs. West Virginia Last 10 Games
- Kansas covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Kansas’ past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Jayhawks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 145.5 points scored. That’s two more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Jayhawks are scoring 0.1 points more per game compared to their season average.
- West Virginia is 9-1 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- West Virginia’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Mountaineers games averaged 9.6 fewer points (133.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Mountaineers have scored one fewer point per contest compared to their 69.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Kansas has covered the spread six times this season (6-8-0).
- In games they have played as 11.5-point favorites or more, the Jayhawks have an ATS record of 4-7.
- Games involving Kansas have hit the over eight times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Jayhawks score 20.4 more points per game (81.7) than the Mountaineers allow (61.3).
- Kansas is 6-8 against the spread and 13-2 overall when scoring more than 61.3 points.
- West Virginia has covered the spread eight times this year (8-7-0).
- In games they have played as 11.5-point underdogs or more, the Mountaineers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving West Virginia have hit the over six times this season.
- The Mountaineers’ 69.7 points per game are just 2.9 more points than the 66.8 the Jayhawks allow to opponents.
- West Virginia has put together a 4-5 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record in games it scores more than 66.8 points.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kansas and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 143.5 points eight times.
- Three of West Virginia’s games ended with a combined score over 143.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the contest of 143.5 is 7.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Jayhawks (81.7 points per game) and the Mountaineers (69.7 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 128.1 points per game, 15.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Jayhawks games is 143.1 points, 0.4 fewer than the over/under of 143.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.9 points separates this game’s over/under (143.5 points) and the average total points bet in Mountaineers’ games (135.6 points) this season.
Kansas Team Leaders
- Christian Braun: 16.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.1 BLK, 55.1 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
- Ochai Agbaji: 20.6 PTS, 53.3 FG%, 47.5 3PT% (47-for-99)
- David McCormack: 8.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 48.9 FG%
- Remy Martin: 8.5 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (15-for-39)
- Dajuan Harris: 4.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 47.5 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 19.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (28-for-77)
- Sean McNeil: 13.6 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (29-for-71)
- Jalen Bridges: 8.6 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (16-for-48)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.9 FG%
- Kedrian Johnson: 5 PTS, 2.1 STL, 44.6 FG%, 12.5 3PT% (2-for-16)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.