The Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-11, 0-6 Big Ten) are heavy underdogs (+20) as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 7 Purdue Boilermakers (13-2, 2-2 Big Ten) at 6:30 PM ET on Friday, January 14, 2022 at Mackey Arena. The matchup has an over/under of 156 points.
Purdue vs. Nebraska Predictions
Purdue vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Purdue has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Purdue games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The Boilermakers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 143.4 points scored. That’s 12.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have a points-per-game average 1.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Nebraska is 1-9 overall and 10-0-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Nebraska’s past 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The past 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 10.6 fewer points (145.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Cornhuskers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 71.8, 2.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Purdue vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Purdue is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 20-point favorites or more, the Boilermakers have an ATS record of 2-3.
- Purdue games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 14 chances this season.
- The 85.1 points per game the Boilermakers average are 6.7 more points than the Cornhuskers give up (78.4).
- Purdue is 5-4 against the spread and 10-0 overall when scoring more than 78.4 points.
- Nebraska has compiled a 13-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- Nebraska’s games have gone over the total 10 times this year.
- The Cornhuskers’ 73.9 points per game are 7.3 more points than the 66.6 the Boilermakers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 66.6 points, Nebraska is 8-6 against the spread and 6-8 overall.
Purdue vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total (156 points) five times this season.
- Six of Nebraska’s games ended with a combined score over 156 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 159 points per game, three points more than the total of 156 for this contest.
- The 145 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 11 fewer than the 156 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Boilermakers games is 144.9 points, 11.1 fewer than the over/under of 156 points for this contest.
- Cornhuskers games have an over/under of 145.6 points this season, 10.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Trevion Williams: 13.5 PTS, 8.8 REB, 60.9 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (3-for-7)
- Jaden Ivey: 16.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (32-for-73)
- Zach Edey: 14.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.3 BLK, 71 FG%
- Sasha Stefanovic: 11.3 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (39-for-93)
- Caleb Furst: 5.1 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (5-for-15)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 14.2 PTS, 5.6 AST, 1.5 STL, 42.7 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
- Bryce McGowens: 15.9 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 25.3 3PT% (20-for-79)
- Derrick Walker: 10.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 73.5 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 8 PTS, 45 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (27-for-72)
- Keisei Tominaga: 7.9 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (31-for-89)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.