The Kent State Golden Flashes (7-8, 2-3 MAC) are at home in MAC play against the Akron Zips (9-4, 2-1 MAC) on Friday, January 14, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The Golden Flashes are 1.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is set at 134.5.
Kent State vs. Akron Predictions
Kent State vs. Akron Betting Odds
|Kent State||-1.5||134.5 points|
Kent State vs. Akron Last 10 Games
- Kent State is 4-6 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Kent State games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The last 10 Golden Flashes games averaged 136.2 total points, 1.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Golden Flashes are scoring 5.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Akron is 7-3 overall and 3-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Akron and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 2.1 more points (136.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Zips have a 70 points-per-game average, 4.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Kent State vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Kent State is 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have an ATS record of 3-6 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Kent State have hit the over four times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Golden Flashes score 6.9 more points per game (69.4) than the Zips give up (62.5).
- When Kent State totals more than 62.5 points, it is 4-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- Akron has registered a 4-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Zips are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Akron games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 12 chances this year.
- The Zips’ 74.2 points per game are 10.3 more points than the 63.9 the Golden Flashes allow to opponents.
- Akron is 7-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it scores more than 63.9 points.
Kent State vs. Akron Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Kent State’s 13 games have gone over Friday’s total of 134.5 points.
- Five of Akron’s games finished with a combined score over 134.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 143.6 points per game, 9.1 points more than the over/under of 134.5 for this matchup.
- The 126.4 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 8.1 fewer than the 134.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Golden Flashes games is 137.4 points, 2.9 more than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.3 points separates the average total points bet in Zips’ games (136.8 points) and this matchup’s over/under (134.5 points).
Kent State Team Leaders
- Sincere Carry: 17.3 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.7 STL, 39.9 FG%, 30 3PT% (30-for-100)
- Malique Jacobs: 12.4 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 38.6 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (8-for-34)
- Justyn Hamilton: 9.5 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 50.9 FG%
- Giovanni Santiago: 9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 35.1 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (24-for-71)
- Tervell Beck: 6.3 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (11-for-26)
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.4 PTS, 11.2 REB, 66 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 12.6 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (28-for-75)
- Ali Ali: 14 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (19-for-43)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.6 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (31-for-90)
- Greg Tribble: 7.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.5 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.