The No. 25 Illinois Fighting Illini (12-3, 5-0 Big Ten) are favored (-8.5) to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the Michigan Wolverines (7-6, 1-2 Big Ten) at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, January 14, 2022 at State Farm Center. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.5.
Illinois vs. Michigan Predictions
Illinois vs. Michigan Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Michigan Last 10 Games
- Illinois has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Illinois games has exceeded the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 144.6 total points, 0.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 5.0 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Michigan is 6-4 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Michigan and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Wolverines’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.2 points scored. That’s 7.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Wolverines have a 71.4 points-per-game average, 1.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
Illinois vs. Michigan Betting Trends
- Illinois has compiled an 8-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 8.5 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 4-5 against the spread.
- This season, Illinois’ games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Fighting Illini average 80.5 points per game, 13.7 more points than the 66.8 the Wolverines give up.
- Illinois is 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall when scoring more than 66.8 points.
- Michigan has registered a 5-7-0 record against the spread this year.
- This year, five of Michigan’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Wolverines put up 7.8 more points per game (72.8) than the Fighting Illini allow (65.0).
- Michigan is 5-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 65.0 points.
Illinois vs. Michigan Over/Under Trends
- This season, Illinois games have hit the over on this matchup’s 145.5-point over/under seven times.
- This season, three games Michigan played finished with a combined score higher than 145.5 points.
- The Fighting Illini average 80.5 points per game against the Wolverines’ 72.8, amounting to 7.8 points over the matchup’s point total of 145.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 131.8 points per game, 13.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Fighting Illini games is 142.8 points, 2.7 fewer than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- Wolverines games have an over/under of 140 points this season, 5.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 18.9 PTS, 10.7 REB, 60.1 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 11.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.4 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (33-for-85)
- Alfonso Plummer: 15.9 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (45-for-110)
- Coleman Hawkins: 7.7 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Jacob Grandison: 11.3 PTS, 50.8 FG%, 48.4 3PT% (31-for-64)
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 16.1 PTS, 8.8 REB, 59.1 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (5-for-17)
- Eli Brooks: 12.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.2 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (24-for-65)
- DeVante Jones: 7.5 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
- Caleb: 9.5 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- Moussa Diabate: 8.7 PTS, 59.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.