The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (10-5, 0-0 Big South) will look to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Winthrop Eagles (8-6, 0-0 Big South) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at Winthrop Coliseum as 7.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 146.5 points.
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Predictions
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Last 10 Games
- Winthrop covered the spread three times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Winthrop’s last 10 outings saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Eagles games averaged 145.9 total points, 0.6 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Eagles are scoring 4.0 points less per game compared to their season average.
- UNC Asheville has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- UNC Asheville’s past 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged 3.2 fewer points (143.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Bulldogs have a 69.6 points-per-game average, 6.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Betting Trends
- Winthrop has covered the spread three times in 12 games with a set spread.
- The Eagles have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 7.5-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, nine of Winthrop’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The 77.4 points per game the Eagles record are 12.9 more points than the Bulldogs give up (64.5).
- Winthrop is 3-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall when scoring more than 64.5 points.
- UNC Asheville has put together a 9-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 4-0 when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- UNC Asheville games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 75.9 points per game, just 2.9 more points than the 73.0 the Eagles give up.
- UNC Asheville has put together a 3-1 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record in games it scores more than 73.0 points.
Winthrop vs. UNC Asheville Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of Winthrop’s 12 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 146.5 points.
- In UNC Asheville’s 12 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 146.5.
- The total for the matchup of 146.5 is 6.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Eagles (77.4 points per game) and the Bulldogs (75.9 points per game).
- The 137.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 9.0 fewer than the 146.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Eagles games is 145.3 points, 1.2 fewer than the over/under of 146.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.0 points separates this game’s over/under (146.5 points) and the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (143.5 points) this season.
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 16.4 PTS, 63.5 FG%
- Cory Hightower: 11.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.3 FG%, 49.0 3PT% (24-for-49)
- Patrick Good: 11.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 49.1 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (39-for-89)
- Drew Buggs: 4.9 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (7-for-17)
- Michael Anumba: 6.9 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
UNC Asheville Team Leaders
- Drew Pember: 11.6 PTS, 3.7 BLK, 46.5 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (12-for-47)
- Tajion Jones: 13.3 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (38-for-91)
- LJ Thorpe: 11.0 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Trent Stephney: 6.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 35.1 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (3-for-18)
- Jamon Battle: 8.1 PTS, 54.3 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (6-for-17)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.