The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (9-6, 0-0 C-USA) host the Rice Owls (9-5, 0-0 C-USA) after winning three straight home games. The Hilltoppers are favored by 8.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 13, 2022. The over/under is set at 153 for the matchup.
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Predictions
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Betting Odds
|Western Kentucky||-8.5||153 points|
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Last 10 Games
- Western Kentucky is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Hilltoppers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 143.9 points scored. That’s 9.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Hilltoppers’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is two points lower than their season-long average.
- Rice has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Rice games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Owls games averaged 142.3 total points, 10.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Owls have a 76.5 points-per-game average, 0.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky has put together a 7-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hilltoppers are 2-2 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Western Kentucky have hit the over eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Hilltoppers average only 3.5 more points per game (77.3) than the Owls give up (73.8).
- Western Kentucky is 4-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall when scoring more than 73.8 points.
- Rice has covered the spread eight times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Owls are a perfect 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Rice have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Owls put up an average of 77.4 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 68.5 the Hilltoppers allow to opponents.
- Rice is 5-5 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it scores more than 68.5 points.
Western Kentucky vs. Rice Over/Under Trends
- This season, Western Kentucky games have hit the over on this game’s 153-point total five times.
- Six of Rice’s games finished with a combined score higher than 153 points this season.
- The Hilltoppers average 77.3 points per game against the Owls’ 77.4, totaling 1.7 points over the game’s over/under of 153.
- These two teams give up a combined 142.3 points per game, 10.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Hilltoppers games is 9.8 points fewer than the over/under of 153 points in this contest.
- Owls games have an over/under of 144 points this season, nine points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Western Kentucky Team Leaders
- Dayvion McKnight: 13.4 PTS, 6.2 AST, 1.9 STL, 47.3 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Jamarion Sharp: 7.7 PTS, 7.5 REB, 4.4 BLK, 70.7 FG%
- Jairus Hamilton: 14.2 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (15-for-54)
- Josh Anderson: 13.3 PTS, 2.6 STL, 50.5 FG%, 51.6 3PT% (16-for-31)
- Camron Justice: 13.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 42.6 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (28-for-74)
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 9.1 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.2 BLK, 59.3 FG%
- Travis Evee: 14.9 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 44 3PT% (40-for-91)
- Carl Pierre: 15.1 PTS, 50.7 FG%, 43 3PT% (40-for-93)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.2 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (19-for-60)
- Chris Mullins: 9.7 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (7-for-24)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.