The Georgia State Panthers (6-6, 0-0 Sun Belt) visit the South Alabama Jaguars (10-5, 0-0 Sun Belt) after losing four road games in a row. The Jaguars are favored by just 1.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 13, 2022. The matchup’s over/under is set at 146.
South Alabama vs. Georgia State Predictions
South Alabama vs. Georgia State Betting Odds
|South Alabama||-1.5||146 points|
South Alabama vs. Georgia State Betting Trends
- South Alabama has covered the spread six times over 11 games with a set spread.
- The Jaguars have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Games involving South Alabama have hit the over seven times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Jaguars record 75.1 points per game, 6.8 more points than the 68.3 the Panthers give up.
- When South Alabama scores more than 68.3 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Georgia State has covered the spread six times in nine games with a set spread.
- The Panthers are a perfect 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Georgia State’s games have hit the over four times out of nine chances.
- The Panthers put up 10.7 more points per game (74.3) than the Jaguars give up (63.6).
- Georgia State is 2-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 63.6 points.
South Alabama vs. Georgia State Over/Under Trends
- South Alabama and its opponents have combined to score more than 146 points in a game just twice this season.
- In Georgia State’s nine games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 146.
- The total for the game of 146 is 3.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Jaguars (75.1 points per game) and the Panthers (74.3 points per game).
- The 131.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 14.1 fewer than the 146 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Jaguars games is 10.4 points fewer than the over/under of 146 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.1 points separates this matchup’s over/under (146 points) and the average total points bet in Panthers’ games (143.9 points) this season.
South Alabama Team Leaders
- Charles Manning Jr.: 17.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.1 BLK, 44.8 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (14-for-51)
- Jay Jay Chandler: 15.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.3 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (20-for-59)
- Javon Franklin: 11 PTS, 7 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 68.4 FG%
- Alex Anderson: 9.4 PTS, 55.9 FG%
- Diante Smith: 8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.3 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (23-for-66)
Georgia State Team Leaders
- Kane Williams: 12.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 39.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (8-for-32)
- Corey Allen: 15.8 PTS, 2 STL, 39.7 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (30-for-73)
- Jalen Thomas: 6.5 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 1.8 BLK, 39.5 FG%
- Justin Roberts: 13.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.5 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (20-for-48)
- Nelson Phillips: 10.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 51.3 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (20-for-44)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.