The Marshall Thundering Herd (7-8, 0-0 C-USA) will look to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the North Texas Mean Green (9-4, 0-0 C-USA) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at Cam Henderson Center as 5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 137.
North Texas vs. Marshall Predictions
North Texas vs. Marshall Betting Odds
|North Texas||-5||137 points|
North Texas vs. Marshall Last 10 Games
- North Texas is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- North Texas and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Mean Green games averaged 9.6 fewer points (127.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Mean Green have a points-per-game average 2.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Marshall is 2-8 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Marshall’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Thundering Herd games averaged 17.4 more points (154.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Thundering Herd’s per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 73.1, 3.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
North Texas vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- North Texas has compiled a 5-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 5 points or more, the Mean Green are 3-2 against the spread.
- North Texas’ games have gone over the total three times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Mean Green put up 9.8 fewer points per game (66.7) than the Thundering Herd give up (76.5).
- Marshall is 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Thundering Herd are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- This year, Marshall’s games have hit the over six times out of 13 chances.
- The Thundering Herd score an average of 76.8 points per game, 21.0 more points than the 55.8 the Mean Green allow.
- When it scores more than 55.8 points, Marshall is 3-10 against the spread and 7-8 overall.
North Texas vs. Marshall Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Texas games have not gone over this matchup’s 137-point total.
- In Marshall’s 13 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s over/under of 137.
- The Mean Green average 66.7 points per game against the Thundering Herd’s 76.8, totaling 6.5 points over the game’s point total of 137.
- These two teams give up a combined 132.3 points per game, 4.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Mean Green games is 8.4 points fewer than the over/under of 137 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 16.4 points separates the average total points bet in Thundering Herd’s games (153.4 points) and this contest’s over/under (137 points).
North Texas Team Leaders
- Tylor Perry: 15.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.5 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (32-for-70)
- Thomas Bell: 11.4 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (13-for-46)
- Mardrez McBride: 9.8 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (29-for-81)
- Abou Ousmane: 8.4 PTS, 46.9 FG%
- Rubin Jones: 9.0 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
Marshall Team Leaders
- Obinna Anochili-Killen: 13.8 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.1 BLK, 54.3 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (16-for-38)
- Taevion Kinsey: 19.3 PTS, 41.0 FG%, 16.0 3PT% (8-for-50)
- Andrew Taylor: 12.5 PTS, 2.3 STL, 38.3 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (25-for-90)
- Darius George: 8.3 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 14.3 3PT% (4-for-28)
- David Early: 5.2 PTS, 34.2 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (15-for-51)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.