The Canisius Golden Griffins (5-9, 0-0 MAAC) are underdogs (by 6.5 points) to break a six-game road losing streak when they visit the Niagara Purple Eagles (6-7, 0-0 MAAC) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 135.5 for the matchup.
Niagara vs. Canisius Predictions
Niagara vs. Canisius Betting Odds
Niagara vs. Canisius Last 10 Games
- Niagara is 4-6 overall and 5-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Niagara games has exceeded the set total four times.
- The past 10 Purple Eagles games averaged 135.5 points, which equals this matchup’s point total.
- The Purple Eagles’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 3.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- Canisius covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Canisius games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Golden Griffins games averaged 146.2 total points, 10.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Golden Griffins’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 70.0, 1.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Niagara vs. Canisius Betting Trends
- Niagara is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Purple Eagles have yet to cover the spread (0-1) when they are at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Niagara’s games have gone over the total five times this season.
- The Purple Eagles record only 4.6 fewer points per game (69.2) than the Golden Griffins give up (73.8).
- When Niagara totals more than 73.8 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Canisius has covered the spread eight times this season (8-5-0).
- The Golden Griffins are 6-1 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Canisius have hit the over five times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Golden Griffins average 6.6 more points per game (71.7) than the Purple Eagles allow (65.1).
- Canisius is 3-5 against the spread and 4-5 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
Niagara vs. Canisius Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Niagara’s 13 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 135.5 points.
- There have been 10 Canisius games that have finished with a combined score over 135.5 points this season.
- The Purple Eagles average 69.2 points per game against the Golden Griffins’ 71.7, amounting to 5.4 points over the game’s point total of 135.5.
- The 138.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.4 more than the 135.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Purple Eagles games is 0.2 points fewer than the over/under of 135.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 10.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Griffins’ games this season (145.6 points).
Niagara Team Leaders
- Marcus Hammond: 16.4 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Jordan Cintron: 10.2 PTS, 1.9 STL, 56.8 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (5-for-12)
- Sam Iorio: 7.3 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (11-for-41)
- Greg Kuakumensah: 8.7 PTS, 63.8 FG%, 55.6 3PT% (5-for-9)
- Noah Thomasson: 8.2 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (9-for-18)
Canisius Team Leaders
- Malek Green: 15.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- Armon Harried: 12.9 PTS, 35.6 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (21-for-74)
- Jordan Henderson: 10.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 35.8 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Jacco Fritz: 7.5 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Ahamadou Fofana: 8.3 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (12-for-42)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.