The Murray State Racers (12-2, 0-0 OVC) host the Tennessee State Tigers (6-8, 0-0 OVC) after winning six straight home games. The Racers are double-digit favorites by 20 points in the contest, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 13, 2022. The point total for the matchup is 149.5.
Murray State vs. Tennessee State Predictions
Murray State vs. Tennessee State Betting Odds
|Murray State||-20||149.5 points|
Murray State vs. Tennessee State Last 10 Games
- Murray State has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Murray State’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Racers games averaged 7.6 fewer points (141.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Racers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 6.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Tennessee State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 6.3 fewer points (143.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Tigers have scored 3.6 fewer points per contest compared to their 78.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Murray State vs. Tennessee State Betting Trends
- Murray State has gone 8-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving Murray State have hit the over six times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Racers record 11.4 more points per game (84.6) than the Tigers allow (73.2).
- When Murray State totals more than 73.2 points, it is 7-2 against the spread and 12-0 overall.
- Tennessee State is 5-7-0 against the spread this year.
- This year, Tennessee State’s games have hit the over eight times out of 12 chances.
- The Tigers score 11.7 more points per game (78.6) than the Racers allow (66.9).
- Tennessee State has put together a 4-5 ATS record and a 6-5 overall record in games it scores more than 66.9 points.
Murray State vs. Tennessee State Over/Under Trends
- Murray State and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (149.5 points) three times this season.
- In Tennessee State’s 12 games this season, seven have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 149.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 149.5 is 13.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Racers (84.6 points per game) and the Tigers (78.6 points per game).
- This game’s total is 9.4 fewer points than the 140.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Racers games is 141.8 points, 7.7 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of seven points separates this game’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Tigers’ games (142.5 points) this season.
Murray State Team Leaders
- Tevin Brown: 19.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 47.3 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (49-for-112)
- K.J. Williams: 16.4 PTS, 7.9 REB, 51.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (16-for-48)
- Justice Hill: 12.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.5 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (29-for-64)
- Trae Hannibal: 9.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 50.5 FG%
- Damiree Burns: 6.8 PTS, 7.2 REB, 62.9 FG%
Tennessee State Team Leaders
- Kassim Nicholson: 10.7 PTS, 7.8 REB, 46.7 FG%, 30 3PT% (6-for-20)
- Kenny Cooper: 7.5 PTS, 1.8 STL, 41.4 FG%, 47.8 3PT% (11-for-23)
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.: 11.9 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Carlos Marshall Jr.: 13.2 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (27-for-62)
- Dedric Boyd: 12.4 PTS, 48.9 FG%, 41 3PT% (32-for-78)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.