A pair of streaking teams square off when the No. 2 Gonzaga Bulldogs (12-2, 0-0 WCC) host the BYU Cougars (14-3, 0-0 WCC) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 11:00 PM ET. The Cougars are 13.5-point underdogs and will attempt to keep their five-game win streak allive against the Bulldogs, winners of five straight. The point total in the matchup is set at 153.
Gonzaga vs. BYU Predictions
Gonzaga vs. BYU Betting Odds
Gonzaga vs. BYU Last 10 Games
- Gonzaga is 8-2 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Gonzaga games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged three fewer points (150) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 0.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- BYU has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- BYU’s last 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Cougars’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 137.2 points scored. That’s 15.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Cougars have a 70.7 points-per-game average, 2.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Gonzaga vs. BYU Betting Trends
- Gonzaga is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- This season, six of Gonzaga’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Bulldogs put up 26.0 more points per game (87.9) than the Cougars allow (61.9).
- Gonzaga has a 6-6 record against the spread and a 12-2 record overall when scoring more than 61.9 points.
- BYU has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-7-0).
- This season, BYU’s games have hit the over seven times out of 15 chances.
- The Cougars’ 73 points per game are nine more points than the 64 the Bulldogs give up.
- When it scores more than 64 points, BYU is 7-6 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
Gonzaga vs. BYU Over/Under Trends
- Gonzaga and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (153 points) seven times this season.
- In BYU’s 15 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s over/under of 153.
- Together, the two teams combine for 160.9 points per game, 7.9 points more than the point total of 153 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s point total is 27.1 fewer points than the 125.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Bulldogs games is 1.4 points fewer than the over/under of 153 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 14.9 points more than the average over/under in Cougars’ games this season (138.1 points).
Gonzaga Team Leaders
- Chet Holmgren: 13.4 PTS, 8.4 REB, 3.1 BLK, 61.1 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
- Drew Timme: 16.8 PTS, 61.2 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (3-for-11)
- Julian Strawther: 13.1 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 37 3PT% (27-for-73)
- Andrew Nembhard: 8.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (16-for-49)
- Anton Watson: 7.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 55.2 FG%, 20 3PT% (2-for-10)
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 16.6 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 46.7 3PT% (42-for-90)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.1 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.4 BLK, 52.3 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.1 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (16-for-48)
- Caleb Lohner: 6.4 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 8.3 3PT% (2-for-24)
- Gideon George: 6.9 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.