ACC opponents square off when the Virginia Cavaliers (9-6, 0-0 ACC) host the Virginia Tech Hokies (8-6, 0-0 ACC) at John Paul Jones Arena, tipping off at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 12, 2022. The Hokies are 1.5-point underdogs in the game. The over/under is set at 118.5 for the matchup.
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- Virginia covered the spread twice in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Virginia and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Cavaliers games averaged five more points (123.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Cavaliers are scoring 1.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Virginia Tech has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Hokies games averaged 15.8 more points (134.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Hokies have a 70.2 points-per-game average, 0.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Virginia has gone 4-10-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Cavaliers have an ATS record of only 2-7.
- Games involving Virginia have hit the over six times this season.
- The Cavaliers score 63.3 points per game, just 4.6 more points than the 58.7 the Hokies allow.
- Virginia has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when scoring more than 58.7 points.
- Virginia Tech has gone 8-5-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hokies are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Virginia Tech have hit the over five times out of 13 chances this year.
- The Hokies’ 70.5 points per game are 11.7 more points than the 58.8 the Cavaliers give up.
- Virginia Tech has put together an 8-3 ATS record and an 8-4 overall record in games it scores more than 58.8 points.
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- Virginia and its opponents have combined to go over Wednesday’s over/under of 118.5 points nine times this season.
- This season, 10 games Virginia Tech played finished with a combined score over 118.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 118.5 is 15.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cavaliers (63.3 points per game) and the Hokies (70.5 points per game).
- The 117.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are one fewer than the 118.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Cavaliers have seen a 124.6 over/under in their games this season, 6.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Hokies’ games have a total points bet of 134.3 points this season, 15.8 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Virginia Team Leaders
- Jayden Gardner: 15 PTS, 7.5 REB, 57.4 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Reece Beekman: 7.3 PTS, 2.1 STL, 40.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (7-for-28)
- Armaan Franklin: 12 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.5 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (18-for-81)
- Kihei Clark: 9.9 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (26-for-61)
- Kadin Shedrick: 6.3 PTS, 2.8 BLK, 56.9 FG%
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.2 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (8-for-34)
- Justyn Mutts: 9.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.4 STL, 51.3 FG%, 32 3PT% (8-for-25)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44 FG%, 44.6 3PT% (33-for-74)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10 PTS, 31.9 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (22-for-68)
- Storm Murphy: 8.6 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (22-for-56)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.