The Northwestern Wildcats (8-5, 0-0 Big Ten) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Maryland Terrapins (8-7, 0-0 Big Ten) at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 as 3.5-point favorites. The Terrapins have also lost three games in a row. The point total is set at 142.5 for the matchup.
Northwestern vs. Maryland Predictions
Northwestern vs. Maryland Betting Odds
Northwestern vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Northwestern covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Northwestern’s past 10 outings saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 139.5 total points, three fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Wildcats have a points-per-game average 3.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Maryland covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Terrapins games averaged 4.9 fewer points (137.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Terrapins’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 69.5, 0.6 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Northwestern vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Northwestern has gone 8-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- This season, nine of Northwestern’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Wildcats record 10.3 more points per game (78) than the Terrapins give up (67.7).
- When Northwestern scores more than 67.7 points, it is 4-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- Maryland has covered the spread six times over 15 games with a set spread.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of 3-0 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- This season, six of Maryland’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Terrapins put up only 4.7 more points per game (70.1) than the Wildcats allow their opponents to score (65.4).
- Maryland is 5-6 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it scores more than 65.4 points.
Northwestern vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, seven of Northwestern’s 13 games have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- This season, four of Maryland’s games have ended with a score higher than 142.5 points.
- The Wildcats average 78 points per game against the Terrapins’ 70.1, amounting to 5.6 points over the game’s over/under of 142.5.
- This game’s over/under is 9.4 fewer points than the 133.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Wildcats have seen a 139.5 average over/under in their games this season, three points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Terrapins games have an over/under of 138.6 points this season, 3.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16.2 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.7 BLK, 50.9 FG%, 45 3PT% (18-for-40)
- Boo Buie: 14.9 PTS, 5.9 AST, 39.1 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (26-for-80)
- Ryan Young: 9.8 PTS, 60.5 FG%
- Ty Berry: 9.5 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 48.4 3PT% (30-for-62)
- Robbie Beran: 5.9 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 15.5 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (36-for-99)
- Donta Scott: 11.6 PTS, 42 FG%, 29 3PT% (18-for-62)
- Fatts Russell: 12.5 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (12-for-37)
- Hakim Hart: 9.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 53.3 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (13-for-40)
- Qudus Wahab: 9 PTS, 58.1 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.