The Missouri State Bears (11-6, 0-0 MVC) host the Southern Illinois Salukis (9-5, 0-0 MVC) in a matchup of MVC teams at JQH Arena, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 12, 2022. The Salukis are 8.5-point underdogs in the game. The point total is 132.5 in the matchup.
Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois Predictions
Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois Betting Odds
|Missouri State||-8.5||132.5 points|
Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois Last 10 Games
- Missouri State has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Missouri State games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The Bears’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 142.7 points scored. That’s 10.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Bears have a points-per-game average 4.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Southern Illinois covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Southern Illinois games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Salukis games averaged 127.7 total points, 4.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Salukis have scored 0.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 64.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois Betting Trends
- Missouri State has gone 12-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bears have an ATS record of 4-3 when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Missouri State have hit the over 11 times out of 19 chances this season.
- The Bears put up 19.4 more points per game (78.8) than the Salukis allow (59.4).
- Missouri State has a 9-6 record against the spread and an 11-5 record overall when scoring more than 59.4 points.
- Southern Illinois has covered the spread eight times this year (8-9-0).
- The Salukis have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- This season, five of Southern Illinois’ games have gone over the point total out of 18 chances.
- The Salukis’ 64.9 points per game are only 2.9 fewer points than the 67.8 the Bears give up to opponents.
- Southern Illinois has put together a 2-1 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record in games it scores more than 67.8 points.
Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois Over/Under Trends
- This season, Missouri State and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 132.5 points 14 times.
- In Southern Illinois’ 18 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s total of 132.5.
- The total for the matchup of 132.5 is 11.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bears (78.8 points per game) and the Salukis (64.9 points per game).
- This game’s total is 5.3 fewer points than the 127.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Bears have seen a 143.3 over/under in their games this season, 10.8 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.9 points more than the average over/under in Salukis’ games this season (129.6 points).
Missouri State Team Leaders
- Gaige Prim: 14.1 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.3 BLK, 59.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Isiaih Mosley: 18.5 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 45.1 3PT% (37-for-82)
- Donovan Clay: 7.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 49.5 FG%, 32 3PT% (8-for-25)
- Ja’Monta Black: 10.8 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (47-for-118)
- Jaylen Minnett: 11.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.2 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (45-for-98)
Southern Illinois Team Leaders
- Marcus Domask: 15.7 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (26-for-70)
- Lance Jones: 14.4 PTS, 2 STL, 46.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (17-for-68)
- Ben Coupet Jr.: 11.6 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (21-for-59)
- Steven Verplancken Jr.: 8 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (28-for-62)
- Dalton Banks: 3.9 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 22.7 3PT% (5-for-22)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.