The No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (13-2, 0-0 Big Ten) are heavily favored (-12.5) to continue an eight-game winning streak when they host the Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-3, 0-0 Big Ten) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at Jack Breslin Students Events Center. The over/under in the matchup is set at 140.5.
Michigan State vs. Minnesota Predictions
Michigan State vs. Minnesota Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-12.5||140.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Minnesota Last 10 Games
- Michigan State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Michigan State’s past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Spartans’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 139.3 points scored. That’s 1.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 0.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Minnesota is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Minnesota games have exceeded the set total five times.
- The Golden Gophers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 133.9 points scored. That’s 6.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Golden Gophers have a 67.4 points-per-game average, 2.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Michigan State vs. Minnesota Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 9-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Spartans are 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- Michigan State’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Spartans put up 11 more points per game (75.8) than the Golden Gophers give up (64.8).
- Michigan State has an 8-3 record against the spread and an 11-1 record overall when scoring more than 64.8 points.
- Minnesota is 8-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 12.5-point underdogs or more, the Golden Gophers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Minnesota have hit the over seven times this year.
- The Golden Gophers score an average of 69.6 points per game, only 4.1 more points than the 65.5 the Spartans allow.
- Minnesota is 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it scores more than 65.5 points.
Michigan State vs. Minnesota Over/Under Trends
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 140.5 points seven times this season.
- Five of Minnesota’s games finished with a combined score higher than 140.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145.4 points per game, 4.9 points more than the total of 140.5 for this game.
- The 130.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 10.2 fewer than the 140.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Spartans have seen a 139.4 average over/under in their games this season, 1.1 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 6.7 points more than the average over/under in Golden Gophers’ games this season (133.8 points).
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.8 PTS, 7.3 REB, 2.5 BLK, 58 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Gabe Brown: 14.5 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (37-for-93)
- Tyson Walker: 6.7 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.5 STL, 39.6 FG%, 56 3PT% (14-for-25)
- Malik Hall: 9.9 PTS, 62 FG%, 55.6 3PT% (15-for-27)
- Max Christie: 9.7 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 15.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 48.1 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (32-for-76)
- Jamison Battle: 18.2 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (32-for-91)
- Eric Curry: 7.9 PTS, 43.4 FG%
- E.J. Stephens: 10.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.8 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (19-for-47)
- Luke Loewe: 7 PTS, 36 FG%, 25 3PT% (9-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.