The Furman Paladins (11-6, 0-0 SoCon) are 9-point favorites as they attempt to build on a five-game home winning streak when they take on the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (10-7, 0-0 SoCon) on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at Timmons Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 144.5 points.
Furman vs. East Tennessee State Predictions
Furman vs. East Tennessee State Betting Odds
Furman vs. East Tennessee State Last 10 Games
- Furman has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Furman’s past 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The Paladins’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 144.9 points scored. That’s 0.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Paladins have scored 4.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- East Tennessee State covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 East Tennessee State games have gone over the set total six times.
- The past 10 Buccaneers games averaged three fewer points (141.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Buccaneers have a 72.3 points-per-game average, 1.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
Furman vs. East Tennessee State Betting Trends
- Furman has put together a 9-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Paladins are 4-3 ATS when playing as at least 9-point favorites.
- This season, nine of Furman’s games have gone over the point total out of 16 chances.
- The 78.1 points per game the Paladins put up are 7.2 more points than the Buccaneers allow (70.9).
- Furman is 6-4-1 against the spread and 10-2 overall when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- East Tennessee State is 9-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The Buccaneers have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9-point underdogs.
- Games involving East Tennessee State have hit the over 10 times this season.
- The Buccaneers put up only 0.6 fewer points per game (70.5) than the Paladins allow (71.1).
- When it scores more than 71.1 points, East Tennessee State is 4-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
Furman vs. East Tennessee State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Furman and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 144.5 points seven times.
- This season, eight of East Tennessee State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 144.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 144.5 is 4.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Paladins (78.1 points per game) and the Buccaneers (70.5 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.5 fewer points than the 142 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Paladins games is 144.3 points, 0.2 fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.5 points more than the average over/under in Buccaneers’ games this season (140 points).
Furman Team Leaders
- Jalen Slawson: 15.5 PTS, 7.8 REB, 2.1 STL, 1.9 BLK, 49.2 FG%, 27.4 3PT% (17-for-62)
- Alex Hunter: 16 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (64-for-146)
- Mike Bothwell: 15.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (29-for-81)
- Conley Garrison: 8.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.5 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (34-for-76)
- Marcus Foster: 7.4 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (10-for-32)
East Tennessee State Team Leaders
- David Sloan: 12.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.5 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (36-for-84)
- Ledarrius Brewer: 12.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.5 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (29-for-89)
- Ty Brewer: 9.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.5 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (15-for-52)
- Jordan King: 12.2 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 41 3PT% (43-for-105)
- Mohab Yasser: 6.8 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.