The Drake Bulldogs (11-5, 0-0 MVC) are heavy favorites (-11) as they attempt to extend a six-game home win streak when they square off against the Illinois State Redbirds (8-7, 0-0 MVC) on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at Knapp Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is 142.5.
Drake vs. Illinois State Predictions
Drake vs. Illinois State Betting Odds
Drake vs. Illinois State Last 10 Games
- Drake is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Drake games has gone over the set total six times.
- The Bulldogs’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 135.1 points scored. That’s 7.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Bulldogs have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Illinois State is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Illinois State’s last 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Redbirds games averaged 143.3 total points, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Redbirds have a 79.7 points-per-game average, 0.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Drake vs. Illinois State Betting Trends
- Drake is 8-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 11 points or more so far this season, the Bulldogs went 4-4 against the spread.
- Drake games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this season.
- The Bulldogs score just 3.3 fewer points per game (74.6) than the Redbirds give up (77.9).
- Drake has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when putting up more than 77.9 points.
- Illinois State has put together a record of 10-3-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 11 points or more so far this season, the Redbirds went 3-0 against the spread.
- Illinois State’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 14 chances this year.
- The Redbirds put up 16.3 more points per game (80.3) than the Bulldogs give up to opponents (64).
- Illinois State is 6-5-1 against the spread and 8-6 overall when it scores more than 64 points.
Drake vs. Illinois State Over/Under Trends
- Drake and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under (142.5 points) eight times this season.
- This season, 11 games Illinois State played finished with a combined score over 142.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 142.5 is 12.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bulldogs (74.6 points per game) and the Redbirds (80.3 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 0.6 fewer points than the 141.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 140.2 average over/under in their games this season, 2.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Redbirds’ games this season (143.1 points).
Drake Team Leaders
- Tucker DeVries: 13 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (38-for-106)
- Garrett Sturtz: 9.8 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.2 STL, 56.7 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (5-for-16)
- Tremell Murphy: 10.1 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (23-for-64)
- Shanquan Hemphill: 8.8 PTS, 50.5 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (2-for-3)
- D.J. Wilkins: 9.4 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (30-for-82)
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 21.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.1 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (47-for-107)
- Sy Chatman: 15.4 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 55.9 FG%
- Josiah Strong: 12.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.8 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (43-for-93)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 52.4 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- Mark Freeman: 9.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.8 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.