The No. 25 Illinois Fighting Illini (11-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are heavy, 13.5-point favorites as they try to continue a four-game win streak when they visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-10, 0-0 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 150.5 points.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Predictions
Illinois vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Illinois is 9-1 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Illinois’ last 10 contests saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 7.4 fewer points (143.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Fighting Illini have a points-per-game average 4.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Nebraska has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread 10 times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Nebraska games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Cornhuskers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 144.8 points scored. That’s 5.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Cornhuskers have scored 1.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 74.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Illinois has registered an 8-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Illinois have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Fighting Illini record just 2.1 more points per game (80.4) than the Cornhuskers allow (78.3).
- Illinois has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when putting up more than 78.3 points.
- Nebraska is 12-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 13.5-point underdogs or more, the Cornhuskers have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- This season, nine of Nebraska’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cornhuskers put up 9.5 more points per game (74.1) than the Fighting Illini give up (64.6).
- Nebraska has put together a 7-7 ATS record and a 6-8 overall record in games it scores more than 64.6 points.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Illinois and its opponents have combined to exceed Tuesday’s total of 150.5 points six times this season.
- This season, eight games Nebraska played finished with a combined score higher than 150.5 points.
- The Fighting Illini average 80.4 points per game against the Cornhuskers’ 74.1, totaling four points over the contest’s over/under of 150.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 142.9 points per game, 7.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Fighting Illini have seen a 142.3 average over/under in their games this season, 8.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 5.2 points more than the average over/under in Cornhuskers’ games this season (145.3 points).
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 19.1 PTS, 10.5 REB, 62 FG%
- Alfonso Plummer: 16.4 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (44-for-105)
- Coleman Hawkins: 7.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Jacob Grandison: 11.2 PTS, 50.5 FG%, 50 3PT% (29-for-58)
- Trent Frazier: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40 FG%, 38 3PT% (30-for-79)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 14.3 PTS, 5.4 AST, 1.6 STL, 42.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (7-for-28)
- Bryce McGowens: 15.7 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (19-for-77)
- Derrick Walker: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.3 BLK, 74.7 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 8.1 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (26-for-69)
- Keisei Tominaga: 7.9 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (29-for-86)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.