The Texas Southern Tigers (4-8, 0-0 SWAC) host the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-12, 0-0 SWAC) in a matchup of SWAC teams at Health & PE Arena, starting at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, January 10, 2022. The Delta Devils are 18.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 144.5.
Texas Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-18.5||144.5 points|
Texas Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Trends
- Texas Southern is 11-1-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, three of Texas Southern’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tigers score 64.4 points per game, 23.6 fewer points than the 88 the Delta Devils give up.
- Mississippi Valley State has covered the spread 13 times in 13 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 18.5 points or more, the Delta Devils are 10-0 against the spread.
- This season, 10 of Mississippi Valley State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Delta Devils put up an average of 64.4 points per game, only 4.4 fewer points than the 68.8 the Tigers allow to opponents.
- Mississippi Valley State has put together a 3-2 ATS record and a 1-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
Texas Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State Over/Under Trends
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s total (144.5 points) four times this season.
- In Mississippi Valley State’s 13 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Monday’s total of 144.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 144.5 is 15.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (64.4 points per game) and the Delta Devils (64.4 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 156.8 points per game, 12.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Tigers games is 139.7 points, 4.8 fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points for this contest.
- Delta Devils’ games have a total points bet of 147.4 points this season, 2.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 11.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 59.5 FG%
- John Walker III: 10.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 43.8 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (7-for-18)
- Brison Gresham: 6.9 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.5 BLK, 55.8 FG%
- PJ Henry: 12.4 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 50 3PT% (17-for-34)
- Jordan Gilliam: 5.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (7-for-17)
Mississippi Valley State Team Leaders
- Robert Carpenter: 17.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 38.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
- Caleb Hunter: 12 PTS, 1.3 STL, 29.6 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (27-for-102)
- David McCoy: 6.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 42.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (5-for-20)
- Elijah Davis: 4.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 39.7 FG%
- Gary Grant: 8 PTS, 40 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (3-for-11)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.