The No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are favored (by 7.5 points) to build on a six-game home win streak when they host the Northwestern Wildcats (8-4, 0-0 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 5:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 140.5.
Ohio State vs. Northwestern Predictions
Ohio State vs. Northwestern Betting Odds
|Ohio State||-7.5||140.5 points|
Ohio State vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Ohio State has covered the spread five times over 12 games with a set spread.
- The Buckeyes are 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Ohio State have hit the over eight times this season.
- The 74.6 points per game the Buckeyes put up are 11.7 more points than the Wildcats allow (62.9).
- Ohio State has a 5-6 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when putting up more than 62.9 points.
- Northwestern has covered the spread seven times in 12 games with a set spread.
- Northwestern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this year.
- The Wildcats score an average of 77.3 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 68.4 the Buckeyes give up.
- When it scores more than 68.4 points, Northwestern is 4-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
Ohio State vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- Ohio State and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under (140.5 points) five times this season.
- Six of Northwestern’s games ended with a combined score higher than 140.5 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 140.5 is 11.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Buckeyes (74.6 points per game) and the Wildcats (77.3 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 131.3 points per game, 9.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Buckeyes have seen a 138.7 average over/under in their games this season, 1.8 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 1.1 points more than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (139.4 points).
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 18.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 2.8 BLK, 49.7 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (14-for-44)
- Zed Key: 9.4 PTS, 60.8 FG%
- Jamari Wheeler: 6.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 48.4 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (15-for-37)
- Kyle Young: 8.5 PTS, 56.6 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (10-for-22)
- Malaki Branham: 9.3 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (12-for-28)
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 15.9 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.8 BLK, 50.3 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (15-for-35)
- Boo Buie: 15.3 PTS, 5.8 AST, 39.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Ryan Young: 10 PTS, 60.9 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.4 PTS, 51.7 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (11-for-29)
- Ty Berry: 8.3 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 46.4 3PT% (26-for-56)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.