The SE Louisiana Lions (6-9, 0-0 Southland) are underdogs (by 5.5 points) to break a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Nicholls State Colonels (10-6, 0-0 Southland) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 150.5.
Nicholls State vs. SE Louisiana Predictions
Nicholls State vs. SE Louisiana Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-5.5||150.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. SE Louisiana Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State covered the spread nine times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Colonels games averaged 6.6 fewer points (143.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Colonels have a points-per-game average 4.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
- SE Louisiana is 3-7 overall and 8-1-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 SE Louisiana games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The Lions’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 144.2 points scored. That’s 6.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Lions have scored 5.8 fewer points per contest compared to their 77.0 PPG season-long scoring average.
Nicholls State vs. SE Louisiana Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has registered a 10-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Colonels are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Nicholls State have hit the over seven times out of 11 chances this season.
- The 80.9 points per game the Colonels score are only 4.6 more points than the Lions give up (76.3).
- When Nicholls State scores more than 76.3 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- SE Louisiana has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-1-0).
- The Lions are a perfect 8-0 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- This season, SE Louisiana’s games have hit the over eight times out of 14 chances.
- The Lions average 6.9 more points per game (77.0) than the Colonels allow their opponents to score (70.1).
- When it scores more than 70.1 points, SE Louisiana is 1-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
Nicholls State vs. SE Louisiana Over/Under Trends
- This season, Nicholls State games have gone over this game’s 150.5-point over/under four times.
- This season, seven of SE Louisiana’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 150.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 157.9 points per game, 7.4 points more than the point total of 150.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 146.4 points per game, 4.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Colonels games is 144.3 points, 6.2 fewer than the over/under of 150.5 points for this contest.
- Lions games have an over/under of 144.2 points this season, 6.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21.0 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.9 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (56-for-133)
- Pierce Spencer: 7.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.6 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (18-for-51)
- Devante Carter: 11.5 PTS, 2.0 STL, 44.8 FG%, 18.5 3PT% (5-for-27)
- Ryghe Lyons: 6.1 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 50.0 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
- Latrell Jones: 10.4 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (21-for-58)
SE Louisiana Team Leaders
- Jalyn Hinton: 11.4 PTS, 7.1 REB, 2.2 BLK, 57.4 FG%
- Gus Okafor: 14.1 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (28-for-70)
- Keon Clergeot: 11.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.0 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (15-for-49)
- Ryan Burkhardt: 8.7 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (38-for-92)
- Joe Kasperzyk: 8.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 38.1 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (14-for-49)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.