The Vanderbilt Commodores (9-4, 0-0 SEC) will try to continue a four-game win streak when they host the South Carolina Gamecocks (9-4, 0-0 SEC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Memorial Gymnasium as 6-point favorites. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 136.5 points.
Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina Predictions
Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina Betting Odds
Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina Last 10 Games
- Vanderbilt has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- Vanderbilt’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Commodores games averaged 136.6 total points, 0.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Commodores are scoring 0.4 points more per game compared to their season average.
- South Carolina is 7-3 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- South Carolina’s past 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The past 10 Gamecocks games averaged 6.9 more points (143.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Gamecocks’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 71.7, 2.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina Betting Trends
- Vanderbilt has put together a record of 10-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 6 points or more, the Commodores have gone 5-2 against the spread.
- Vanderbilt’s games have gone over the total six times this season.
- The Commodores put up only 3.1 more points per game (70.3) than the Gamecocks give up (67.2).
- Vanderbilt has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when putting up more than 67.2 points.
- South Carolina has covered the spread eight times in 11 games with a set spread.
- The Gamecocks are 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- South Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Gamecocks score an average of 74.6 points per game, 12.9 more points than the 61.7 the Commodores give up.
- When it scores more than 61.7 points, South Carolina is 5-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina Over/Under Trends
- This season, Vanderbilt and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 136.5 points six times.
- Six of South Carolina’s games ended with a combined score higher than 136.5 points this season.
- The Commodores average 70.3 points per game against the Gamecocks’ 74.6, totaling 8.4 points over the game’s over/under of 136.5.
- The 128.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 7.6 fewer than the 136.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Commodores games is 136.5, identical to the over/under of 136.5 for this contest.
- Gamecocks’ games have a total points bet of 143.9 points this season, 7.4 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Vanderbilt Team Leaders
- Scotty Pippen Jr.: 18.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.5 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (23-for-72)
- Jordan Wright: 12.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (14-for-49)
- Quentin Millora-Brown: 4.9 PTS, 59.1 FG%
- Myles Stute: 7.8 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (24-for-61)
- Tyrin Lawrence: 5.4 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 13 3PT% (3-for-23)
South Carolina Team Leaders
- Erik Stevenson: 12 PTS, 1.3 STL, 35.9 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (24-for-82)
- Wildens Leveque: 9.7 PTS, 71.9 FG%
- Devin Carter: 8.9 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 13.6 3PT% (3-for-22)
- James Reese: 8.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.8 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (23-for-57)
- Jermaine Couisnard: 8.3 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (17-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.