The Valparaiso Beacons (8-7, 0-0 MVC) are only 1-point favorites as they try to build on a three-game home winning streak when they take on the Southern Illinois Salukis (8-5, 0-0 MVC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Athletics-Recreation Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is 127.
Valparaiso vs. Southern Illinois Predictions
Valparaiso vs. Southern Illinois Betting Odds
Valparaiso vs. Southern Illinois Last 10 Games
- Valparaiso is 6-4 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Valparaiso and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Beacons games averaged 133.7 total points, 6.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Beacons have scored 2.9 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Southern Illinois is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Southern Illinois’ last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Salukis games averaged 0.3 more points (127.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Salukis’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 64.6, 0.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Valparaiso vs. Southern Illinois Betting Trends
- Valparaiso has covered the spread seven times over 12 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 1-point favorites or more, the Beacons have an ATS record of 3-3.
- This season, eight of Valparaiso’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The 74.0 points per game the Beacons record are 14.7 more points than the Salukis allow (59.3).
- When Valparaiso totals more than 59.3 points, it is 6-6 against the spread and 8-7 overall.
- Southern Illinois has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this year (8-8-0).
- The Salukis are a perfect 5-0 ATS when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Southern Illinois games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 17 chances this year.
- The Salukis’ 65.1 points per game are only 3.7 fewer points than the 68.8 the Beacons give up.
- When it scores more than 68.8 points, Southern Illinois is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
Valparaiso vs. Southern Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Valparaiso and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 127 points 11 times this season.
- This season, 10 games Southern Illinois played finished with a combined score higher than 127 points.
- The over/under for the game of 127 is 12.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Beacons (74.0 points per game) and the Salukis (65.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 1.1 fewer points than the 128.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Beacons games is 134.3 points, 7.3 more than the over/under of 127 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates the average total points bet in Salukis’ games (129.6 points) and this game’s over/under (127 points).
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Sheldon Edwards: 12.0 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.2 BLK, 39.1 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (33-for-97)
- Trevor Anderson: 10.3 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (18-for-52)
- Thomas Kithier: 9.4 PTS, 61.7 FG%
- Ben Krikke: 14.8 PTS, 55.0 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (2-for-12)
- Kevion Taylor: 10.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 42.0 3PT% (34-for-81)
Southern Illinois Team Leaders
- Marcus Domask: 15.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.8 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (23-for-66)
- Lance Jones: 14.7 PTS, 2.1 STL, 46.8 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (16-for-64)
- Ben Coupet Jr.: 12.0 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (20-for-55)
- Steven Verplancken Jr.: 8.6 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (28-for-61)
- Dalton Banks: 3.1 PTS, 31.1 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (5-for-21)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.