The UTEP Miners (7-7, 0-0 C-USA) are 9.5-point underdogs as they look to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-8, 0-0 C-USA) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Don Haskins Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 130.5 points.
UTEP vs. Southern Miss Predictions
UTEP vs. Southern Miss Betting Odds
UTEP vs. Southern Miss Last 10 Games
- UTEP covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- UTEP and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Miners games averaged 6.1 more points (136.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Miners’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 4.1 points lower than their season-long average.
- Southern Miss has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 2.2 more points (132.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Golden Eagles have scored 1.0 more point per contest compared to their 62.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
UTEP vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- UTEP has put together a record of 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Miners are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- UTEP’s games have gone over the total six times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Miners record only 2.2 fewer points per game (68.1) than the Golden Eagles give up (70.3).
- UTEP is 3-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- Southern Miss is 11-1-0 against the spread this year.
- The Golden Eagles are a perfect 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Southern Miss games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 12 chances this year.
- The Golden Eagles’ 62.3 points per game are only 3.4 fewer points than the 65.7 the Miners allow.
- When it scores more than 65.7 points, Southern Miss is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
UTEP vs. Southern Miss Over/Under Trends
- This season, UTEP games have hit the over on this matchup’s 130.5-point over/under seven times.
- This season, eight of Southern Miss’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 130.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 130.4 points per game, 0.1 points fewer than the over/under of 130.5 for this matchup.
- The 136 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 5.5 more than the 130.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Miners games is 136.1 points, 5.6 more than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- Golden Eagles’ games have a total points bet of 133.5 points this season, three points more than the over/under for this matchup.
UTEP Team Leaders
- Keonte Kennedy: 12.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (16-for-52)
- Jamal Bieniemy: 13.8 PTS, 1.9 STL, 39.9 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (25-for-67)
- Souley Boum: 18.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 33.8 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (23-for-62)
- Jorell Saterfield: 7.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (22-for-49)
- Tydus Verhoeven: 4.8 PTS, 45.8 FG%
Southern Miss Team Leaders
- Isaih Moore: 12 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 56.5 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Tyler Stevenson: 12.3 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.2 BLK, 51.3 FG%
- Walyn Napper: 5.8 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Jaron Pierre, Jr.: 9.3 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (26-for-76)
- DeAndre Pinckney: 5.7 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 19.4 3PT% (6-for-31)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.