The Utah State Aggies (9-5, 0-0 MWC) hit the road in MWC play against the New Mexico Lobos (7-7, 0-0 MWC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The Aggies are favored by 6 points in the game. The over/under is 153 for the matchup.
Utah State vs. New Mexico Predictions
Utah State vs. New Mexico Betting Odds
|Utah State||-6||153 points|
Utah State vs. New Mexico Last 10 Games
- Utah State covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Utah State’s last 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The Aggies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.9 points scored. That’s 12.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Aggies’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- New Mexico is 4-6 overall and 7-2-1 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 New Mexico games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The Lobos’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 149.9 points scored. That’s 3.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Lobos have scored 3.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 78.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Utah State vs. New Mexico Betting Trends
- Utah State is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6 points or more so far this season, the Aggies went 4-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Utah State have hit the over seven times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Aggies score just 0.1 more points per game (77.2) than the Lobos allow (77.1).
- Utah State is 6-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall when scoring more than 77.1 points.
- New Mexico has covered the spread nine times this season (9-3-1).
- The Lobos have a perfect 4-0 ATS record when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This year, New Mexico’s games have hit the over eight times out of 13 chances.
- The Lobos average 10.8 more points per game (78.9) than the Aggies allow their opponents to score (68.1).
- New Mexico is 7-3-1 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it scores more than 68.1 points.
Utah State vs. New Mexico Over/Under Trends
- Utah State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 153 points five times this season.
- This season, eight of New Mexico’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 153 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 156.1 points per game, 3.1 points more than the over/under of 153 for this game.
- This matchup’s point total is 7.8 fewer points than the 145.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Aggies games is 141.0 points, 12.0 fewer than the over/under of 153 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.2 points separates this game’s over/under (153 points) and the average total points bet in Lobos’ games (148.8 points) this season.
Utah State Team Leaders
- Justin Bean: 19.8 PTS, 10.4 REB, 1.7 STL, 65.6 FG%, 56.7 3PT% (17-for-30)
- Brandon Horvath: 13.1 PTS, 50.8 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (22-for-48)
- Rylan Jones: 7.6 PTS, 5.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 38.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (14-for-42)
- Steven Ashworth: 7.8 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (26-for-64)
- Brock Miller: 8.2 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (25-for-73)
New Mexico Team Leaders
- Jaelen House: 15.5 PTS, 2.1 STL, 38.2 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (21-for-70)
- Jamal Mashburn, Jr.: 18.3 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (24-for-74)
- Gethro Muscadin: 8.6 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 48.8 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (2-for-5)
- Javonte Johnson: 8.1 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 46.5 3PT% (20-for-43)
- Jay Allen-Tovar: 6.6 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 39.8 FG%, 18.9 3PT% (7-for-37)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.