The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (9-5, 0-0 Big South) are heavily favored (-14.5) to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (3-10, 0-0 Big South) at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Kimmel Arena. The matchup’s point total is set at 146.5.
UNC Asheville vs. Charleston Southern Predictions
UNC Asheville vs. Charleston Southern Betting Odds
|UNC Asheville||-14.5||146.5 points|
UNC Asheville vs. Charleston Southern Last 10 Games
- UNC Asheville is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 UNC Asheville games has surpassed the set total four times.
- The Bulldogs’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 142.7 points scored. That’s 3.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 9.6 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Charleston Southern covered the spread in its past 10 contests while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- Charleston Southern’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Buccaneers games averaged 4.9 fewer points (141.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Buccaneers have scored 7.8 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
UNC Asheville vs. Charleston Southern Betting Trends
- UNC Asheville has covered the spread eight times this season (8-3-0).
- Games involving UNC Asheville have hit the over five times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs put up 5.3 fewer points per game (75.5) than the Buccaneers allow (80.8).
- Charleston Southern has covered in each of the 13 opportunities it has had with a set spread this season (13-0-0).
- In games they have played as 14.5-point underdogs or more, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 5-0.
- Charleston Southern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times this year.
- The Buccaneers’ 72.2 points per game are 7.3 more points than the 64.9 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Charleston Southern is 2-3 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it scores more than 64.9 points.
UNC Asheville vs. Charleston Southern Over/Under Trends
- UNC Asheville and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (146.5 points) four times this season.
- Eight of Charleston Southern’s games finished with a combined score higher than 146.5 points this season.
- The Bulldogs average 75.5 points per game against the Buccaneers’ 72.2, amounting to 1.2 points over the game’s total of 146.5.
- This game’s total is 0.8 fewer points than the 145.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 143.0 average over/under in their games this season, 3.5 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Buccaneers games have an over/under of 141.7 points this season, 4.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
UNC Asheville Team Leaders
- Drew Pember: 10.7 PTS, 3.8 BLK, 44.5 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (12-for-46)
- Tajion Jones: 13.4 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (36-for-87)
- LJ Thorpe: 10.6 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Trent Stephney: 6.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 34.1 FG%
- Jamon Battle: 8.4 PTS, 55.7 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (6-for-17)
Charleston Southern Team Leaders
- Tahlik Chavez: 10.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 35.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (33-for-98)
- Claudell Harris Jr.: 9.6 PTS, 38.0 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (14-for-51)
- Taje’ Kelly: 8.2 PTS, 57.7 FG%
- Deontaye Buskey: 7.8 PTS, 29.4 FG%, 22.7 3PT% (17-for-75)
- Kalib Clinton: 9.3 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (2-for-8)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.