The UMBC Retrievers (5-6, 0-0 America East) are 3.5-point favorites as they attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the UMass-Lowell River Hawks (7-6, 0-0 America East) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at UMBC Event Center. The game airs at 5:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5 points.
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Predictions
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Betting Odds
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Betting Trends
- UMBC has covered the spread seven times this season (7-3-0).
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Retrievers have an ATS record of 3-0.
- This season, six of UMBC’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Retrievers record 11.0 more points per game (75.7) than the River Hawks give up (64.7).
- UMBC is 4-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall when scoring more than 64.7 points.
- UMass-Lowell has registered an 8-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the River Hawks are 5-1 against the spread.
- UMass-Lowell games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 10 chances this year.
- The River Hawks average only 2.1 fewer points per game (71.2) than the Retrievers give up to opponents (73.3).
- UMass-Lowell is 1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it scores more than 73.3 points.
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Over/Under Trends
- This season, UMBC games have gone over this matchup’s 145.5-point over/under six times.
- This season, just one UMass-Lowell game has finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 145.5.
- The Retrievers average 75.7 points per game against the River Hawks’ 71.2, totaling 1.4 points over the contest’s over/under of 145.5.
- This game’s total is 7.5 fewer points than the 138 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Retrievers games is 2.3 points fewer than the over/under of 145.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 9.6 points separates this game’s over/under (145.5 points) and the average total points bet in River Hawks’ games (135.9 points) this season.
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 14.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.9 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (20-for-49)
- Darnell Rogers: 12.0 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.7 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- L.J. Owens: 9.7 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (20-for-45)
- Jacob Boonyasith: 5.9 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (16-for-52)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.4 PTS, 53.1 FG%
UMass-Lowell Team Leaders
- Max Brooks: 10.0 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 62.7 FG%
- Kalil Thomas: 10.9 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Everette Hammond: 10.2 PTS, 1.9 STL, 37.2 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (12-for-41)
- Justin Faison: 9.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 39.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
- Allin Blunt: 9.4 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (10-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.