The UAB Blazers (13-3, 0-0 C-USA) are 8-point favorites as they look to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Rice Owls (8-5, 0-0 C-USA) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The game airs at 4:00 PM ET.
UAB vs. Rice Predictions
UAB vs. Rice Betting Odds
UAB vs. Rice Last 10 Games
- UAB covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 UAB games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- In the last 10 games, the Blazers are scoring 5.0 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Rice has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Rice’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- Over the past 10 games, the Owls are scoring 76.3 points per game compared to their 76.8 season average.
UAB vs. Rice Betting Trends
- UAB is 9-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 8-point favorites or more, the Blazers have an ATS record of 8-1.
- UAB games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 14 chances this season.
- The 81.3 points per game the Blazers average are 8.0 more points than the Owls give up (73.3).
- UAB has an 8-1 record against the spread and an 11-0 record overall when scoring more than 73.3 points.
- Rice is 7-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Owls are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Rice games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this year.
- The Owls put up 15.7 more points per game (76.8) than the Blazers give up to opponents (61.1).
- When it scores more than 61.1 points, Rice is 4-6 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
UAB Team Leaders
- Jordan Walker: 15.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 39.1 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (40-for-97)
- Quan Jackson: 10.1 PTS, 2.6 STL, 41.2 FG%, 18.8 3PT% (6-for-32)
- KJ Buffen: 10.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 55.9 FG%
- Trey Jemison: 7.5 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.4 BLK, 65.3 FG%
- Michael Ertel: 10.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (25-for-64)
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 9.5 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.2 BLK, 60.5 FG%
- Travis Evee: 14.2 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (38-for-84)
- Carl Pierre: 14.8 PTS, 48.9 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (37-for-87)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.1 PTS, 36 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
- Chris Mullins: 10 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (6-for-22)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.