The Maine Black Bears (3-9, 0-0 America East) are heavy underdogs (+15.5) as they attempt to stop a seven-game road losing streak when they take on the Stony Brook Seawolves (8-5, 0-0 America East) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 132.5.
Stony Brook vs. Maine Predictions
Stony Brook vs. Maine Betting Odds
|Stony Brook||-15.5||132.5 points|
Stony Brook vs. Maine Betting Trends
- Stony Brook has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-3-0).
- This season, seven of Stony Brook’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The 72.5 points per game the Seawolves record are 5.8 more points than the Black Bears allow (66.7).
- Stony Brook has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when scoring more than 66.7 points.
- Maine has covered the spread six times over seven games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 15.5-point underdogs or more, the Black Bears have a perfect ATS record of 3-0.
- This year, Maine’s games have hit the over twice out of seven chances.
- The Black Bears’ 59.2 points per game are 13.6 fewer points than the 72.8 the Seawolves allow.
Stony Brook vs. Maine Over/Under Trends
- Stony Brook and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (132.5 points) nine times this season.
- This season, Maine has played two games with a combined score over 132.5 points.
- The Seawolves average 72.5 points per game against the Black Bears’ 59.2, totaling 0.8 points under the matchup’s total of 132.5.
- This matchup’s total is seven fewer points than the 139.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Seawolves games is 140.1 points, 7.6 more than the over/under of 132.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.2 points separates this game’s over/under (132.5 points) and the average total points bet in Black Bears’ games (127.3 points) this season.
Stony Brook Team Leaders
- Tykei Greene: 11 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.5 STL, 50 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (13-for-36)
- Jahlil Jenkins: 14.6 PTS, 2.3 STL, 42.1 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
- Anthony Roberts: 14.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.6 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (17-for-54)
- Frankie Policelli: 7.3 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 40 3PT% (22-for-55)
- Juan Felix Rodriguez: 7.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.7 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (13-for-48)
Maine Team Leaders
- Vukasin Masic: 8.3 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (16-for-46)
- LeChaun DuHart: 8.8 PTS, 29.7 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (22-for-79)
- Chris Efretuei: 5.3 PTS, 55.8 FG%
- Adefolarin Adetogun: 4.8 PTS, 31.9 FG%, 11.8 3PT% (2-for-17)
- Sam Ihekwoaba: 4.8 PTS, 54.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.