The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (9-5, 0-0 Big Sky) host the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (5-9, 0-0 Big Sky) in a matchup of Big Sky teams at America First Event Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 8, 2022. The Lumberjacks are 13-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 143 points.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Arizona Predictions
Southern Utah vs. Northern Arizona Betting Odds
|Southern Utah||-13||143 points|
Southern Utah vs. Northern Arizona Last 10 Games
- Southern Utah covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Southern Utah’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Thunderbirds games averaged 4.3 more points (147.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Thunderbirds have a points-per-game average 2.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Northern Arizona has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Northern Arizona games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Lumberjacks’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.7 points scored. That’s 5.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Lumberjacks have a 66.0 points-per-game average, 3.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Arizona Betting Trends
- Southern Utah is 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Thunderbirds have not covered a spread when playing as at least 13-point favorites (0-2).
- Southern Utah’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 12 chances this season.
- The 78.4 points per game the Thunderbirds put up are 5.8 more points than the Lumberjacks give up (72.6).
- Southern Utah is 4-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 72.6 points.
- Northern Arizona has gone 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Lumberjacks are 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 13-point underdogs.
- This season, Northern Arizona’s games have hit the over seven times out of 12 chances.
- The Lumberjacks put up an average of 69.4 points per game, only 3.2 fewer points than the 72.6 the Thunderbirds give up.
- Northern Arizona is 2-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it scores more than 72.6 points.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Arizona Over/Under Trends
- Southern Utah and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (143 points) eight times this season.
- Six of Northern Arizona’s games ended with a combined score higher than 143 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 147.8 points per game, 4.8 points more than the point total of 143 for this matchup.
- The 145.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.2 more than the 143 total in this contest.
- On average, the Thunderbirds have seen a 147.4 over/under in their games this season, 4.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.7 points more than the average over/under in Lumberjacks’ games this season (138.3 points).
Southern Utah Team Leaders
- John Knight III: 15.4 PTS, 1.9 STL, 58.3 FG%
- Maizen Fausett: 12.4 PTS, 8.6 REB, 44.7 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (19-for-58)
- Tevian Jones: 13.5 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 27.0 3PT% (27-for-100)
- Dre Marin: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.7 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (26-for-69)
- Harrison Butler: 6.7 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (9-for-32)
Northern Arizona Team Leaders
- Carson Towt: 8.7 PTS, 9.6 REB, 45.1 FG%
- Jalen Cole: 18.0 PTS, 38.0 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (44-for-105)
- Nik Mains: 11.9 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (33-for-76)
- Ezekiel Richards: 6.5 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 58.2 FG%
- Keith Haymon: 9.5 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (22-for-64)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.