The Samford Bulldogs (10-4, 0-0 SoCon) are at home in SoCon action against the Western Carolina Catamounts (7-7, 0-0 SoCon) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 3:00 PM ET. The Bulldogs are favored by 6.5 points in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 154.5 points.
Samford vs. Western Carolina Predictions
Samford vs. Western Carolina Betting Odds
Samford vs. Western Carolina Last 10 Games
- Samford has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Samford games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 147.5 total points, seven fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 2.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Western Carolina is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Western Carolina’s past 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Catamounts games averaged 148 total points, 6.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Catamounts have scored 0.4 more points per contest compared to their 78 PPG season-long scoring average.
Samford vs. Western Carolina Betting Trends
- Samford has covered the spread in a game eight times this season (8-3-0).
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Samford’s games have hit the over six times out of 11 chances.
- The 74.9 points per game the Bulldogs record are the same as the Catamounts give up.
- Samford has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall when putting up more than 78.4 points.
- Western Carolina has registered an 11-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this year, the Catamounts have gone 6-1 against the spread.
- Western Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Catamounts score an average of 78 points per game, just 4.5 more points than the 73.5 the Bulldogs give up.
- When it scores more than 73.5 points, Western Carolina is 7-4 against the spread and 6-5 overall.
Samford vs. Western Carolina Over/Under Trends
- Samford and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 154.5 points five times this season.
- This season, eight games Western Carolina played finished with a combined score higher than 154.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 152.9 points per game, 1.6 points fewer than the over/under of 154.5 for this game.
- The 151.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.6 fewer than the 154.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Bulldogs games is 147.9 points, 6.6 fewer than the over/under of 154.5 points for this contest.
- Catamounts games have an over/under of 147.8 points this season, 6.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Samford Team Leaders
- Jermaine Marshall: 12.6 PTS, 8.9 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.9 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (16-for-53)
- Ques Glover: 19.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.4 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (13-for-38)
- Jaden Campbell: 10.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.4 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (26-for-70)
- Jacob Tryon: 6.4 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 60.7 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (12-for-26)
- Wesley Cardet Jr.: 8.4 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (10-for-36)
Western Carolina Team Leaders
- Nick Robinson: 15.3 PTS, 7.4 REB, 41.9 FG%, 38 3PT% (35-for-92)
- Vonterius Woolbright: 9.7 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (6-for-16)
- Travion McCray: 11.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.6 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (20-for-59)
- Cam Bacote: 7.4 PTS, 36.2 FG%, 26.3 3PT% (15-for-57)
- Marcus Banks: 9.2 PTS, 40 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (29-for-78)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.