The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (8-5, 0-0 Big Ten) are 7.5-point favorites as they try to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-9, 0-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Louis Brown Athletic Center. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 142.
Rutgers vs. Nebraska Predictions
Rutgers vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Rutgers vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Rutgers is 2-4-1 against the spread and 3-4 overall over its last 10 matchups.
- The final score of the past 10 Rutgers games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Scarlet Knights’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 134.3 points scored. That’s 7.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Scarlet Knights’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 7.0 points lower than their season-long average.
- Nebraska has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- Nebraska’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 145.2 total points, 3.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Cornhuskers have a 74.4 points-per-game average, 0.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Rutgers vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Rutgers has covered the spread twice in seven games with a set spread.
- The Scarlet Knights have not covered the spread (0-3-1) when they are at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Rutgers have hit the over five times out of seven chances this season.
- The 68.6 points per game the Scarlet Knights average are 8.7 fewer points than the Cornhuskers give up (77.3).
- Nebraska is 11-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point underdogs or more, the Cornhuskers have a perfect ATS record of 4-0.
- Nebraska games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this year.
- The Cornhuskers put up an average of 74.7 points per game, 9.2 more points than the 65.5 the Scarlet Knights give up.
- Nebraska has put together a 7-6 ATS record and a 6-7 overall record in games it scores more than 65.5 points.
Rutgers vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 142 points twice this season.
- A total of 10 of Nebraska’s games finished with a combined score over 142 points this season.
- The over/under for the contest of 142 is 1.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Scarlet Knights (68.6 points per game) and the Cornhuskers (74.7 points per game).
- The 142.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.8 more than the 142 total in this contest.
- The Scarlet Knights have seen a 134.3 average over/under in their games this season, 7.7 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 3.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Cornhuskers’ games this season (145.5 points).
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 15.3 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.6 STL, 43.1 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (28-for-65)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.8 PTS, 7.6 REB, 58.9 FG%
- Caleb McConnell: 7.3 PTS, 2.2 STL, 35.6 FG%, 21.7 3PT% (5-for-23)
- Paul Mulcahy: 6.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 34 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (9-for-32)
- Geo Baker: 10.4 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (19-for-48)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 14.9 PTS, 5.5 AST, 1.6 STL, 43.5 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (7-for-27)
- Bryce McGowens: 15.6 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 24 3PT% (18-for-75)
- Derrick Walker: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.3 BLK, 77.5 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 7.9 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (24-for-65)
- Keisei Tominaga: 8.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (27-for-81)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.