The No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers (12-2, 0-0 Big Ten) visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (7-5, 0-0 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Bryce Jordan Center, starting at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 8, 2022. The Nittany Lions are 8.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5 points.
Purdue vs. Penn State Predictions
Purdue vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Purdue has put together a record of 7-6-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 8.5 points or more, the Boilermakers have gone 5-6 against the spread.
- Purdue’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- The 85.9 points per game the Boilermakers put up are 20.3 more points than the Nittany Lions allow (65.6).
- When Purdue totals more than 65.6 points, it is 6-6 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Penn State has covered the spread seven times over 12 games with a set spread.
- The Nittany Lions have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Penn State’s games have hit the over five times out of 13 chances.
- The Nittany Lions’ 67.3 points per game are just 0.7 more points than the 66.6 the Boilermakers allow.
- Penn State has put together a 2-3 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games it scores more than 66.6 points.
Purdue vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (138.5 points) 10 times this season.
- This season, four games Penn State played finished with a combined score over 138.5 points.
- The over/under for the game of 138.5 is 14.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Boilermakers (85.9 points per game) and the Nittany Lions (67.3 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 132.2 points per game, 6.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Boilermakers have seen a 145.3 over/under in their games this season, 6.8 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 3.1 points separates this game’s over/under (138.5 points) and the average total points bet in Nittany Lions’ games (135.4 points) this season.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Trevion Williams: 13 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.1 STL, 59.5 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (3-for-7)
- Jaden Ivey: 16.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.7 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (30-for-67)
- Zach Edey: 15.6 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.4 BLK, 70.8 FG%
- Sasha Stefanovic: 11.2 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (36-for-85)
- Caleb Furst: 5.3 PTS, 54 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (5-for-15)
Penn State Team Leaders
- John Harrar: 10.8 PTS, 10.5 REB, 69.3 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 14.8 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (28-for-76)
- Jalen Pickett: 12.7 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (19-for-59)
- Sam Sessoms: 12.4 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (14-for-33)
- Myles Dread: 6.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.1 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (23-for-58)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.