The No. 16 Providence Friars (13-2, 0-0 Big East) are favored (by 4.5 points) to build on a six-game home winning streak when they host the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (10-3, 0-0 Big East) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 146.5.
Providence vs. Saint John’s (NY) Predictions
Providence vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Odds
Providence vs. Saint John’s (NY) Last 10 Games
- Providence covered the spread three times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Providence’s past 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The Friars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 134.1 points scored. That’s 12.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Friars are scoring 3.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Saint John’s (NY) covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Saint John’s (NY) games have gone over the set total six times.
- The past 10 Red Storm games averaged 5.5 more points (152) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Red Storm are scoring 83.3 points per game compared to their 76.9 season average.
Providence vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Trends
- Providence has put together a record of 5-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Friars have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, six of Providence’s games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The 68.9 points per game the Friars record are just 1.7 more points than the Red Storm allow (67.2).
- When Providence puts up more than 67.2 points, it is 5-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 5-5-0 against the spread this year.
- The Red Storm are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Saint John’s (NY) have hit the over six times out of 10 chances this year.
- The Red Storm’s 76.9 points per game are 14.0 more points than the 62.9 the Friars give up.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 4-5 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it scores more than 62.9 points.
Providence vs. Saint John’s (NY) Over/Under Trends
- This season, Providence games have gone over this matchup’s 146.5-point total four times.
- This season, seven of Saint John’s (NY)’s games have ended with a score higher than 146.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145.8 points per game, 0.7 points fewer than the total of 146.5 for this matchup.
- The 130.1 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 16.4 fewer than the 146.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Friars games is 12.2 points fewer than the over/under of 146.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.5 points separates the average total points bet in Red Storm’s games (152 points) and this contest’s over/under (146.5 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.9 PTS, 8.1 REB, 44.3 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (24-for-54)
- Nate Watson: 13.5 PTS, 55.1 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.3 PTS, 35.9 FG%, 24.6 3PT% (14-for-57)
- A.J. Reeves: 10.7 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Justin Minaya: 5 PTS, 38.9 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (9-for-33)
Saint John’s (NY) Team Leaders
- Julian Champagnie: 21.5 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.9 STL, 1.6 BLK, 47.8 FG%, 44.6 3PT% (33-for-74)
- Posh Alexander: 14.6 PTS, 2.3 STL, 51.5 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (11-for-38)
- Dylan Addae-Wusu: 9.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.1 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (14-for-36)
- Montez Mathis: 10.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 49 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
- Joel Soriano: 6.4 PTS, 2 BLK, 52.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.