The North Carolina Tar Heels (10-4, 0-0 ACC) host the Virginia Cavaliers (9-5, 0-0 ACC) after winning five straight home games. The Tar Heels are favored by 6 points in the matchup, which tips at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 8, 2022.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Predictions
North Carolina vs. Virginia Betting Odds
North Carolina vs. Virginia Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- During their last 10 games, the Tar Heels have a points-per-game average 3.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia is 1-8-0 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 games.
- Virginia’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cavaliers have a 62.8 points-per-game average, 0.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- North Carolina is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels are 3-5 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Games involving North Carolina have hit the over seven times this season.
- The 79.1 points per game the Tar Heels average are 21.4 more points than the Cavaliers give up (57.7).
- North Carolina is 5-8 against the spread and 10-4 overall when scoring more than 57.7 points.
- Virginia has covered the spread in a matchup three times this season (3-10-0).
- This season, six of Virginia’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cavaliers score an average of 63.6 points per game, 7.8 fewer points than the 71.4 the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.4 points, Virginia is 3-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 15.7 PTS, 10.4 REB, 1.6 BLK, 63.8 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.1 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (30-for-68)
- RJ Davis: 13.7 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (25-for-55)
- Brady Manek: 12.4 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (23-for-68)
- Dawson Garcia: 10 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
Virginia Team Leaders
- Jayden Gardner: 15.4 PTS, 7.6 REB, 57.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Reece Beekman: 6.9 PTS, 2.1 STL, 39.8 FG%, 24 3PT% (6-for-25)
- Kadin Shedrick: 6.8 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 57.9 FG%
- Armaan Franklin: 12 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.9 FG%, 21.5 3PT% (17-for-79)
- Kihei Clark: 9.9 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (24-for-57)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.