The Texas A&M-CC Islanders (12-3, 0-0 Southland) are 3.5-point underdogs as they look to extend a nine-game home winning streak when they host the Nicholls State Colonels (9-6, 0-0 Southland) on Friday, January 7, 2022 at Leonard E. Merrell Center. The game airs at 8:30 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 148.5.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Predictions
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-3.5||148.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State covered the spread nine times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Colonels’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 143.9 points scored. That’s 4.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Colonels’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 6.7 points lower than their season-long average.
- Texas A&M-CC has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Texas A&M-CC and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Islanders games averaged 144.5 total points, four fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Islanders are scoring 76.9 points per game compared to their 80.9 season average.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has put together a record of 9-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Colonels are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Nicholls State’s games have gone over the total six times out of 10 chances this season.
- The 80.7 points per game the Colonels average are 12.9 more points than the Islanders allow (67.8).
- Nicholls State is 3-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 67.8 points.
- Texas A&M-CC is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Islanders have gone 3-2 against the spread.
- Texas A&M-CC’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Islanders score an average of 80.9 points per game, 11.2 more points than the 69.7 the Colonels give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.7 points, Texas A&M-CC is 7-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Over/Under Trends
- This season, four of Nicholls State’s 10 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- This season, seven games Texas A&M-CC played finished with a combined score higher than 148.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 161.6 points per game, 13.1 points more than the over/under of 148.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 11 fewer points than the 137.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Colonels games is 143.9 points, 4.6 fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points for this contest.
- Islanders games have an over/under of 142.2 points this season, 6.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.9 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (56-for-133)
- Pierce Spencer: 6.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.2 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (13-for-43)
- Devante Carter: 11.1 PTS, 1.9 STL, 44.9 FG%, 20 3PT% (5-for-25)
- Ryghe Lyons: 6.3 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 50 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Emanuel Littles: 7.1 PTS, 57.5 FG%, 25 3PT% (2-for-8)
Texas A&M-CC Team Leaders
- Isaac Mushila: 15 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.1 STL, 63.6 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (5-for-11)
- Terrion Murdix: 7.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 48.1 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (5-for-12)
- Jalen Jackson: 8.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Trey Tennyson: 11.4 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (30-for-85)
- Simeon Fryer: 8.4 PTS, 52.7 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (19-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.