The New Orleans Privateers (4-8, 0-0 Southland) visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (4-7, 0-0 Southland) after losing five home road in a row. The Privateers are favored by 8.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 12:00 PM ET on Friday, January 7, 2022. The matchup has a point total of 150.5.
New Orleans vs. Houston Baptist Predictions
New Orleans vs. Houston Baptist Betting Odds
|New Orleans||-8.5||150.5 points|
New Orleans vs. Houston Baptist Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread in a game eight times this season (8-2-0).
- The Privateers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- This season, New Orleans’ games have hit the over seven times out of 10 chances.
- The 73.2 points per game the Privateers score are only 0.9 more points than the Huskies give up (72.3).
- When New Orleans totals more than 72.3 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Houston Baptist has covered in each of the seven opportunities it has had with a set spread this season (7-0-0).
- In games they have played as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Huskies have an ATS record of 5-0.
- This year, Houston Baptist’s games have hit the over three times out of seven chances.
- The Huskies put up an average of 73.5 points per game, only 0.2 fewer points than the 73.7 the Privateers allow.
New Orleans vs. Houston Baptist Over/Under Trends
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s over/under (150.5 points) three times this season.
- There have been three Houston Baptist games that have finished with a combined score over 150.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.7 points per game, 3.8 points fewer than the total of 150.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s total is 4.5 fewer points than the 146 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Privateers games is 146.2 points, 4.3 fewer than the over/under of 150.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.1 points separates this contest’s over/under (150.5 points) and the average total points bet in Huskies’ games (145.4 points) this season.
New Orleans Team Leaders
- Derek St. Hilaire: 18.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.5 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (23-for-63)
- Troy Green: 12.8 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.5 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (3-for-14)
- Simeon Kirkland: 9.6 PTS, 64.7 FG%
- Daniel Sackey: 6.6 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 40 3PT% (10-for-25)
- Tyson Jackson: 8 PTS, 53.2 FG%
Houston Baptist Team Leaders
- Darius Lee: 12.7 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 54.9 FG%
- Brycen Long: 9.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (21-for-54)
- Sam Hofman: 8.9 PTS, 54.9 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (15-for-35)
- Zion Tordoff: 6.5 PTS, 63.4 FG%
- Deshon Proctor: 6.1 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.