The New Mexico State Aggies (13-2, 0-0 WAC) are heavy, 10.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue an eight-game win streak when they visit the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (5-9, 0-0 WAC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is 150.5.
New Mexico State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Predictions
New Mexico State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Odds
|New Mexico State||-10.5||150.5 points|
New Mexico State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Last 10 Games
- New Mexico State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 New Mexico State games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Aggies games averaged 11.6 fewer points (138.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Aggies are scoring 3.0 points less per game compared to their season average.
- UT Rio Grande Valley covered the spread eight times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- UT Rio Grande Valley’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The Vaqueros’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 146.6 points scored. That’s 3.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Vaqueros have a 71.9 points-per-game average, 0.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
New Mexico State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has registered a 6-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Aggies have not covered the spread when they are at least 10.5-point favorites (0-3).
- New Mexico State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 12 chances this season.
- The 71.6 points per game the Aggies put up are 6.8 fewer points than the Vaqueros allow (78.4).
- UT Rio Grande Valley has covered the spread 10 times this year (10-2-0).
- The Vaqueros have an ATS record of 3-0 when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving UT Rio Grande Valley have hit the over eight times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Vaqueros’ 72.5 points per game are 9.2 more points than the 63.3 the Aggies allow to opponents.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has put together a 5-3 ATS record and a 5-6 overall record in games it scores more than 63.3 points.
New Mexico State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Over/Under Trends
- This season, New Mexico State games have hit the over on this matchup’s 150.5-point over/under just twice.
- Seven of UT Rio Grande Valley’s games finished with a combined score over 150.5 points this season.
- The total for the matchup of 150.5 is 6.4 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Aggies (71.6 points per game) and the Vaqueros (72.5 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 141.7 points per game, 8.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Aggies games is 137.9 points, 12.6 fewer than the over/under of 150.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.9 points separates this matchup’s over/under (150.5 points) and the average total points bet in Vaqueros’ games (145.6 points) this season.
New Mexico State Team Leaders
- Teddy Allen: 17.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.1 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (28-for-92)
- Jabari Rice: 13.9 PTS, 45.0 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (23-for-63)
- William McNair: 7.6 PTS, 57.3 FG%
- Johnny McCants: 8.5 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 55.7 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
- Marchelus Avery: 5.6 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
UT Rio Grande Valley Team Leaders
- Justin Johnson: 17.3 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (19-for-47)
- Marek Nelson: 11.4 PTS, 2.1 STL, 47.5 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (12-for-42)
- Mike Adewunmi: 9.3 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Ricky Nelson: 10.1 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 52.4 3PT% (11-for-21)
- RayQuan Taylor: 7.5 PTS, 58.3 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (3-for-14)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.