The SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (6-7, 0-0 OVC) are heavy underdogs (by 12.5 points) to continue a three-game home winning streak when they host the Murray State Racers (11-2, 0-0 OVC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 4:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 142.5.
Murray State vs. SIU-Edwardsville Predictions
Murray State vs. SIU-Edwardsville Betting Odds
|Murray State||-12.5||142.5 points|
Murray State vs. SIU-Edwardsville Last 10 Games
- Murray State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Murray State and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Racers games averaged 1.1 fewer points (141.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- In the past 10 games, the Racers are scoring 6.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- SIU-Edwardsville has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Cougars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 137.5 points scored. That’s 5.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cougars have scored 0.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Murray State vs. SIU-Edwardsville Betting Trends
- Murray State has covered the spread eight times over 10 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 12.5-point favorites or more, the Racers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, five of Murray State’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The Racers score 85.4 points per game, 19.5 more points than the 65.9 the Cougars allow.
- Murray State is 7-1 against the spread and 11-0 overall when scoring more than 65.9 points.
- SIU-Edwardsville has covered the spread nine times over 13 games with a set spread.
- The Cougars have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 12.5-point underdogs.
- SIU-Edwardsville games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year.
- The Cougars put up an average of 69.1 points per game, just 2.3 more points than the 66.8 the Racers allow to opponents.
- SIU-Edwardsville has put together a 5-2 ATS record and a 5-3 overall record in games it scores more than 66.8 points.
Murray State vs. SIU-Edwardsville Over/Under Trends
- Murray State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (142.5 points) four times this season.
- Three of SIU-Edwardsville’s games ended with a combined score higher than 142.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 154.5 points per game, 12.0 points more than the total of 142.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s total is 9.8 fewer points than the 132.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Racers games is 0.8 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this contest.
- Cougars games have an over/under of 137.5 points this season, 5.0 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Murray State Team Leaders
- Tevin Brown: 19.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 48.3 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (46-for-104)
- K.J. Williams: 16.5 PTS, 7.4 REB, 52.1 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Justice Hill: 12.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 49.2 FG%, 46.6 3PT% (27-for-58)
- Trae Hannibal: 10.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 52.8 FG%
- Damiree Burns: 6.5 PTS, 7.2 REB, 64.3 FG%
SIU-Edwardsville Team Leaders
- Ray’Sean Taylor: 17.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 44.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (30-for-84)
- Shaun Doss: 11.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (8-for-32)
- Shamar Wright: 8.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.5 FG%, 21.6 3PT% (8-for-37)
- Courtney Carter: 7.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.5 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (8-for-30)
- Deejuan Pruitt: 8.8 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (4-for-17)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.